Best slim case available?

PFayce

Reaction score
If you don't mind some input. I don't about y'all but i hardly ever use my physical keyboard. I would like to see a case that keeps the phone from sliding open (slim too). If any one has hunted one down please let me know.

pesky

Reaction score
I just sent an email to incase about a slider type case for the droid that doesnt allow the keyboard to slide out, we'll see what they say. I'm guessing it will be a "we mainly focus on iPhone and dont intend on making anything for your droid".

Nibbz

Reaction score
i got a red plasticky metal type of clip on shell when i bought it at verizon. dropped it a couple times, the case is a lil scratched and bruised, but the phone is 100% fine. still slim too.

mitchb2

Reaction score
If you don't mind some input. I don't about y'all but i hardly ever use my physical keyboard.

I wish they'd never put it on there. It severely limits our case options. I don't think anyone want to make a case knowing that it's only going to sell to a fraction of the market.

pesky

Reaction score
Well, I got a response.

Brad,

Thank you for your feedback. We will forward it up to our design team take it under consideration.

Regards,
Frank

PFayce

Reaction score
If you don't mind some input. I don't about y'all but i hardly ever use my physical keyboard.

I wish they'd never put it on there. It severely limits our case options. I don't think anyone want to make a case knowing that it's only going to sell to a fraction of the market.
Any realistic entrepreneur knows that only a fraction of people will buy their product. Not to mention there is a lot of buzz about manufactures producing these cases. Now it's just waiting for the right one.

predsfan75

Reaction score
The otterbox is absolutely the best case for the driod !!! Polycarbonate shell with a molded silicon inner lining . Can't beat it .

Holliday88

Reaction score
For those of you wondering, I bought the incipio case.

Yes, it's thinner than the clear plastic case Verizon sent me home with, but not by much.

It looked nice, the back plate fits great. The front plate had a little give to it but it isn't designed especially well. It didn't immediately snap on, I had to work it a little bit. All sides are manufactured equally, so it goes on whichever way you'd like. Unfortunately, that also means when you slide open the keyboard, you can feel one side rub the keys and, unlike other plastic snapons, it doesn't have a thinner bevel at the bottom to allow for easy access to the front buttons. You can get them, they're not covered, but it feels like you're only able to touch the top 2/3s of the button.

However, one drop was all it took to break it. Not an exceptionally long drop (It wasn't out a window or anything) just from the kitchen counter to the floor and snapped the front plate. I could probably glue it but since it didn't fit especially well to begin with, it's not worth it.

I will give Incipio credit, I placed the order on the 14th and it was at my house on the 17th (shipped from CA to NC).

Not the case I was looking for. Oh well.

**EDIT** I just posted the same review on Incipio's site and it is 'pending review.' Take that for what it's worth, but there are currently 0 reviews of these cases posted.

Last edited:

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I just moved from Body Glove to Seidio, and I'm pretty satisfied. The Seido fits in and out of my pockets better, and is less bulky than the Body Glove.

-Mike

a031363

Reaction score
Well, I got a response.

Brad,

Thank you for your feedback. We will forward it up to our design team take it under consideration.

Regards,
Frank

Well, that isn't realy helpful! :icon_eek:

pesky

Reaction score
No, it really wasn't too helpful. At least I got some sort of response though.

WVOz1970

Reaction score
I got the Body Glove case when I first got my Droid. The plastic clips lasted about 2 months before they were cracked and the case was loose in places. For Father's Day, my kids got me the Seidio Innocase and belt clip. Had it on for three days now and I really like it. I have an Invisible Shield on the phone too... Got it the same day I bought my Droid, as I've had great experiences with Zagg's stuff.

Anyhow, the Seidio case definitely reduced some of the bulk of the Body Glove created. Plus, I am a belt clip person... don't like phones in my pocket. The Seidio lets me hang the phone screen-in on the clip, not screen-out like the Body Glove. And, the Seidio works nicely with my EZEStand.

Ultimately, I would probably still like to have an Otterbox, but they don't offer a belt clip option at this point for the Droid. So, the Seidio wins.

As to size, I just grabbed the ruler... Droid with case is 5/8" thick, so not much added in bulk.