Best Sleeve/Pouch for droid?

Laramie

Reaction score
My old BBerry Curve came in the box with a leather-like slide pouch. The only opening was at the top.

I'm looking for the same sorta thing for my droid. I have another belt holster that I'm happy with, I want the sleeve for when the droid is in my pocket or gymbag/backpack.

I'm looking for something that has full coverage except the top.

There's a VZW one, it looks nice. I'd like to explore options of different material and a cheaper price.

Guide Pit

Reaction score
I use one of these case logic pouches. They come in different colors, but I like the camo. I think the droid fits perfectly. I put a bigger, heavier duty carabiner on the pouch so I can clip it to a belt loop, a strap on a bag, etc. The droid slides in and out real easy. I didn't like the drawstring closure, so I removed that, but the pouch will hold the droid with or without the drawstring.

This may be something you would like.

Case Logic Universal Pocket- Camouflage > Photo and Video > Case Logic

Tony

OP
Laramie

Laramie

Reaction score
I use one of these case logic pouches. They come in different colors, but I like the camo. I think the droid fits perfectly. I put a bigger, heavier duty carabiner on the pouch so I can clip it to a belt loop, a strap on a bag, etc. The droid slides in and out real easy. I didn't like the drawstring closure, so I removed that, but the pouch will hold the droid with or without the drawstring.

This may be something you would like.

Case Logic Universal Pocket- Camouflage > Photo and Video > Case Logic

Tony

CAMO!!! I love it. Only question, is the droid loose at all in the case or does it feel like the droid is the perfect fit? I'd rather have it on the tight side than loose.

texasPI

Reaction score
VZW carries a brown leather one. I don't think it is specific to the Droid but universal. I have one and the Droid fits snugly into it.

OP
Laramie

Laramie

Reaction score
VZW carries a brown leather one. I don't think it is specific to the Droid but universal. I have one and the Droid fits snugly into it.

I saw this one as well. Any complaints?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
They gave me this one for free at the store when I bought it. The grey part is a soft screen cleaning cloth the folds in. I keep the screen facing that way, and my screen stays pretty all day! Haha! Not sure how you'd get one if they didn't give it to you, but just thought I'd share.

PhDCow

Reaction score
They gave me this one for free at the store when I bought it. The grey part is a soft screen cleaning cloth the folds in. I keep the screen facing that way, and my screen stays pretty all day! Haha! Not sure how you'd get one if they didn't give it to you, but just thought I'd share.

So jealous! That's exactly what I want!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
So jealous! That's exactly what I want!

Sorry...I asked about cases when I bought the phone and they didn't have any, but she said they had these pouches. I suppose it couldn't hurt to go to a store and ask if they have one...I tried searching ebay, but didn't see one...

Shel

Reaction score
I use this Sena Ultra thin case.

Very nice soft leather, adds minimal amount to the overall size of your Droid, but does give it some protection.

It'll protect it in your pocket/purse from getting scratched from loose change, keys, etc. It'll also give the Droid some protection from a fall, but not as much as other cases, I'd imagine.

However, I like to carry my Droid in my pants pocket, don't want a belt clip, and want to keep it as slim and lightweight as possible.

Not the cheapest solution, but it is very elegant! Droid fits in tight, in fact, the case loosens up after a few days, because when you first get the case, the Droid is a VERY tight fit!

$30 from Sena.

black.jpg

karmastorm

Reaction score
CAMO!!! I love it. Only question, is the droid loose at all in the case or does it feel like the droid is the perfect fit? I'd rather have it on the tight side than loose.

I have the same Case Logic pouch in black. The Droid is a good fit, neither too loose or tight IMO. It adds a good amount of protection with the padding, but it also adds a significant amount of bulk. I only use it when traveling.

I had the Waterfield suede jacket. I access my phone a lot throughout the day, and I didn't find it practical to have to constantly slide the phone in and out of the sleeve. It was also an annoyance to keep track of the sleeve when I had the phone out (I misplaced the jacket several times).

Guide Pit

Reaction score

I have the same Case Logic pouch in black. The Droid is a good fit, neither too loose or tight IMO. It adds a good amount of protection with the padding, but it also adds a significant amount of bulk. I only use it when traveling.

I had the Waterfield suede jacket. I access my phone a lot throughout the day, and I didn't find it practical to have to constantly slide the phone in and out of the sleeve. It was also an annoyance to keep track of the sleeve when I had the phone out (I misplaced the jacket several times).

Here are a couple of photos. If you look carefully, you can kind of see what karmastorm is saying. It's not tight by an stretch of the imagination, but it isn't loose as heck either. IMO, it is the perfect fit...easy to slide in and out. The padding is nice and it is a little bulky.

I hate belt clip cases because they are always getting pushed around when I sit in a chair with arms, etc. With the big caribiner, it allows the pouch/phone swing out of the way of things and it's easy to hook/unhook. I also like the padding.

Tony