Best shots yet of Motorola Droid 2 & Boot Animation

necr0

Reaction score
Wow... It's fugly! are you serious? Is it really that hard to design a nice looking phone? Well, guess I'll go back to AT&T... I'm so disappointed.

jrodizkool01

Reaction score
Dear Motorola,
STOP CHANGING THE PLACEMENT OF THE 4 SOFTKEYS!!!!
Why do they keep on changing the locations of the home, menu, search, and back buttons? It's irritating.

FoxZia

Reaction score
No thanks. I'll wait til the next better Droid generation (if they are planning to). I am really looking forward and hope that they will have front camera. Like iPhone 4 have. That iPhone have an ability to communicate through video and it's a must for deaf community. I won't get iPhone because I just don't like them. But...who knows I may change mind. Anyway, I'll stick to my Droid.

victorythagr8

Reaction score
People dont realize this 750mhz processor outperforms the snapdragon, and the graphic processor is also a big upgrade. People remember how the droid 550mhz processor outperforms the 800mhz of the Samsung Moment. It all because of different architecture, and right now the Architecture is different than the droid. Then again people just see pure processing power without researching the processor. But at the end of the day, I will wait till the Droid Pro comes out. That will have 2ghz processor with far better GPU.

And expect that this phone processor has a bigger overclocking ability with the 45mm processor

I H8 5_0 Stangs

Reaction score
I would almost guarantee that the droid 2 will be running 2.2 when it is released. I just can't see it being released with 7 month old software, especially because by the time this phone is released in July, 2.2 will have been out for 2 months.

Things i noticed that no one else has mentioned, the camera is slightly different, the LED flash looks bigger than the Current Droid, and the back side underneath the camera is now one solid piece, which does make it look better.

As far as the keyboard, the dedicated voice search and back button hard keys are a welcomed addition, but losing the Shift key on the right side is something i will have to get used to if i upgrade because I always use it on my Droid 1.

Also with the new lip covering the right side of the phone, it appears that it covers up the microphone now, which draws some concern.

I wouldn't count this phone out yet.

It's definitely a let down especially with the iphone 4 getting introduced. But if the keyboard is a lot easier to use (I don't even mind the current droids keyboard) and if it does run noticeably faster/smoother than the Droid 1, and maybe the battery life is extended, I would say it could be worth the upgrade.

I may be wrong, but i don't think the droid 1 has an optional extended battery...

Its hands down the best phone on the market with a physical keyboard, something that is a huge selling point for me.

I H8 5_0 Stangs

Reaction score
hmm i guess you can't edit posts....

but another thing to add is some people have been saying that this really isn't a "droid 2" and it is merely a small refresh, and will just replace the current droid on the shelves at verizon...I could honestly see that as a possibilty

Reaction score
People dont realize this 750mhz processor outperforms the snapdragon, and the graphic processor is also a big upgrade. People remember how the droid 550mhz processor outperforms the 800mhz of the Samsung Moment. It all because of different architecture, and right now the Architecture is different than the droid. Then again people just see pure processing power without researching the processor. But at the end of the day, I will wait till the Droid Pro comes out. That will have 2ghz processor with far better GPU.

And expect that this phone processor has a bigger overclocking ability with the 45mm processor
Yeah, what he said :). If the 2ghz phone hadnt been recently announced to be available this year, I'd be thinking real hard to decide between this Droid2 and the Shadow/Xtreme/X.

J. Dub

Reaction score
No front facing camera and same size screen for the loss. I'll keep my rooted froyo droid w/ wifi tether built in.
To hell w/ HDMI out and slightly faster processor.

J. Dub

Reaction score
moto blur? **** that. Moto Blur is a damn nightmare. I'll keep my droid till I can find another phone w/ a larger screen and better keypad.

royta

Reaction score
I picked up my Droid 1 on June 5th. It seems like a no brainer to return it within the 30 days in order to get the latest Droid. Although, I'm wondering if I'd be happier with the Droid X. I would think the lack of slider and speaker grill on rear would better for life spent in the pocket of an electrician's pair offices denim jeans. What do you think?

wonsae

Reaction score
No front facing camera and same size screen for the loss. I'll keep my rooted froyo droid w/ wifi tether built in.
To hell w/ HDMI out and slightly faster processor.
You do realize it's not just slightly faster right? and there's no HDMI out afaik

royta

Reaction score
I picked up my Droid 1 on June 5th. It seems like a no brainer to return it within the 30 days in order to get the latest Droid. Although, I'm wondering if I'd be happier with the Droid X. I would think the lack of slider and speaker grill on rear would be better for life spent in the pocket of an electrician's pair of denim jeans. What do you think?