Best settings in SetCPU for Pete's SV 1000 kernel?

nateccnn

Reaction score
I like battery life but I don't like lag. I know those are contridictory statements. I use the LauncherPro so lag is better than the stock launcher but I find that if I use the Battery Saver option for scaling in SetCPU I get nasty lag. If I set it to performance I have to charge my battery twice throughout the day. All the other options just confuse me...userspace...does that free up space in my closet? What are these options? And more importantly...which gives the best balance between performance when I need it and good battery life?

I have turned off all the syncing options I can to increase battery life. I am only interested in the SetCPU Scaling options for this particular thread. And I realize this topic may get moved but I could not figure out the best place to put it so I'll defer to the mods to place it where it belongs.

Oh...and I run STOCK. Just updated to FRG83D (thanks Metickone). It is rooted and OCed but that's about it. I've tried all the other ROMs and this one works best for my needs.

Nate

Skull One

Reaction score
Feel free to check the link in my signature. It covers a lot of ground on what you are asking about.

OP
N

nateccnn

Reaction score
I recall reading that article when you first posted it several months ago. You put a lot of time into that. Thanks.

Did you ever find out the answer to UserSpace? Does it have anything to do with my closet?

Nate

Skull One

Reaction score
I recall reading that article when you first posted it several months ago. You put a lot of time into that. Thanks.

Did you ever find out the answer to UserSpace? Does it have anything to do with my closet?

Nate

LOL.

The code is actually pretty useless. https://github.com/cvpcs/android_ke...0c9470a57/drivers/cpufreq/cpufreq_userspace.c

It relies on the policy system of the core OS. And I haven't bothered to read up on what that policy system does. So I can't give you a good answer at this time.

OP
N

nateccnn

Reaction score
Well...someday I may sit down and review your article again and tinker with the advanced settings. But for now I think I have settled on the "Conservative" setting. Phone seems responsive and battery life seems ok. In 3 hours my battery widget says 90%. That's mostly sitting in my pocket. I did read a couple news articles and checked my emails a few times so not heavy use. Definately not a fair test yet. I'll keep playing for the next few days.

Nate