Best SetCPU Settings?

Discussion in 'Blackdroid' started by ArykMeyer, Mar 13, 2010.

1. ArykMeyer

ArykMeyer Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What are the best setcpu settings for this rom with adamz overclocking kernal? set on boot? profiles? etc. im already overclocked, i ran that install with setcpu unchecked for set on boot and no profiles.

2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When OCing, an especially when OCing the CPU in the DROID to levels at 100% or better (100 MHz is effectively a 100% OC) you'll want some profiles in place to help prevent damage from excessive heat, to tone down the OC when in sleep mode, and even while using it and / or when the battery is low.

I had a person ask me via PM about this exact subject, so I'll post my response to them here (as far as what my persona settings are, based upon a 1200 MHz kernel):

Main: 250 Min / 1200 Max / Performance governor / Set on boot
    Profiles: On / Notifications
    Charging:
    250 Min / 1000 Max / Performance
    Sleep: 250 Min / 800 Max / Performance
    Power < 20%: 250 Min / 800 Max / Performance
    Failsafe (Battery > 50.0 deg C: 250 Min / 1000 Max / Performance

Now, YMMV - the stability of your phone will dictate some of these settings, as will your need / desire to continually try out new ROMs....

HTH

3. DroidBoy22

DroidBoy22 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What's the govenor setting do?

4. srtfool32

srtfool32 Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    why would you set power and failsafe to performance? power you want conservative so it doesnt die fast or ondemand not performance. should just turn off that profile if you use that setting. and failsafe should be 600 max and 250 min because the phone is overheating and needs to cool down and on conservative. and sleep performance? at best ondemand, why waste battery when not using it? with your settings there really is no reason for profiles almost dude.

5. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually, I used to use ondemand, and never changed it when I started using performance - it honestly never occurred to use the governor independently in the profiles from the default setting lol.

Thanks for setting me straight.

As for overheating, well, I find that at 1000 MHz the temps will almost always go down, I have never had a reboot due to heat and heat alone, other when stress testing the phone, which I expect.

6. srtfool32

srtfool32 Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    well that setting only takes affect if you reach those heats. if you set it to 400mhz max and min 250 cools off in seconds so it cant cause damage. if at 1000mhz you reach max it will still climb if your using it alot. at 400mhz it cant climb bc the OC is turned enough to not run hard for 10 - 15 seconds or so.

7. xBryant420x

xBryant420x Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I run 600/250 for all. And 1100/250 for my main.

8. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    For my main/default setting I'm using 1000/600 (performance)

[No Charging profile]
    Sleep/Standby: 250/250
    Power < 40%: 800/250
    Battery > 44C: 600/250

(performance)

9. Jim 777

Jim 777 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +11
    What I'd like to know, is what is the acceptable temperatures for the CPU... at idle (not sleep, but say looking at home screen with live wallpapers) and at full use?

10. demon69120

demon69120 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You won't really have temperature issues IMO, because the phone gets a little hot on the CPU just on stock. I run mine at 800/1000 performance because last time I used Chev's 1.2 GHz Kernel with bugless beast 0.8 my phone quit working and it was really hard to finally get it to start again. I use Ult Droid now though...

After sitting at 250/250 in sleep my droids at like 20 degrees. After use it eventually gets up around over 45. Heat that is going to hurt you shouldn't really happen. As long as your CPU sits below 55 or so, you should be good IMO.

The battery is ok below 50... batteries aren't as heat proof, and the cooler the better they work.

BTW Overclocking your droid is a great idea really. In a benchmark at stock, it had around a 2200ms response. After putting it at 1.25 GHz, it snapped down to 800ms, almost a third. Too bad that 1.25 doesn't work too well with my phone though. So far, 1000 is working perfectly.

11. korndawg

korndawg New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Any other suggestions?

12. stedrocklp

stedrocklp Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone have advice and/or experience with changing any of the advanced settings (sampling rate, up threshold, ignore nice load, powersave bias). I can guess what they all mean I just dont want to be wrong and mess something up.

Search tags for this page

best setcpu settings

best setting for setcpu

best settings for setcpu

setcpu best settings

setcpu recommended settings
setcpu setting
setcpu settings
setcpu settings for gaming
setting set cpu
setting setcpu