Best Screen Protector

loki993

Reaction score
Anyone know what the best screen protector for the Rezound is out there? I know I want a wet application one. I've tried the static cling ones and I can never get them on right and something always gets under them.

I've seen the Zaggs but the ones I see seem bumpy, is this just the way they are or is that bad application.

Any other ones to recommend? Obviously I want the clearest one I can find so it doesn't affect the screen clarity.

WA_Bob

Reaction score
A Zagg, if properly applied, is worth every penny as far as protection. But they're tricky to apply and, if you get one, be prepared to spend a good amount of time working to get it on correctly! The cheap ones (like 6 for a few bucks on Ebay) are just that - cheap. I've bought those before also and had to use 3 or 4 out of that pack of 6 to get one to apply correctly.

I'm currently using the ones you get at the Verizon store. You get three for about $16 and, if they don't offer, you can ask and the employees will apply the first one for you and do a pretty good job (lots of practice, as one put it to me). They're not as tough as the Zagg one, but even if you apply them yourself it's not hard to get it on without any major problems.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I prefer the ones at the VZW store. I do not like the cheapo ones found on various place on the web. Zagg isn't bad either but has kind of a tacky feel to the surface. I am going without a screen protector now to see how it goes.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The wet install ones, like Zagg and Skinomi, if installed correctly, are the best out there. You do have to give the wet install skins a day or so to properly set and let it get rid of the micro bubbles on its own.

The nice thing about the wet install skins, is if you mess it up, you can take if off, and rinse it under warm water and add a little of a light or mild soap to clean it, pat dry with a clean lint free towel of course and try to pat dry the sticky side, then try to reapply it.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Go naked. It's the best and unless you work in construction or keep loose diamonds in your pocket, you probably won't scratch the screen.

OP
L

loki993

Reaction score
I honestly don't put anything else in the pocket I keep my phone in.

andeejo

Reaction score
I took my phone to the local Zagg store. They charged 15 to buy it and 5 if they put it on. That is how much Best Buy is anyways without the application. It has a lifetime warranty. When I swapped my phone out, I just unpeeled it and took it back and they put another one on. They do a good job. If you are not happy with it and there are bubbles and lint (and I am very picky!) they will reapply. The bumpy look actually helps a little with the reflection and glare. I cant really even tell its there. There is a little more resistant when sliding your fingers across the screen. People either seem to like em or hate em. The verizon get scratched and messy pretty quick and they dont have the perfect cut out for the screen like the Zagg does. Hope that helps.

OP
L

loki993

Reaction score
I took my phone to the local Zagg store. They charged 15 to buy it and 5 if they put it on. That is how much Best Buy is anyways without the application. It has a lifetime warranty. When I swapped my phone out, I just unpeeled it and took it back and they put another one on. They do a good job. If you are not happy with it and there are bubbles and lint (and I am very picky!) they will reapply. The bumpy look actually helps a little with the reflection and glare. I cant really even tell its there. There is a little more resistant when sliding your fingers across the screen. People either seem to like em or hate em. The verizon get scratched and messy pretty quick and they dont have the perfect cut out for the screen like the Zagg does. Hope that helps.

It does thanks. I dont like the bumpy look though. I think I may get the skintomi, if I get one. Only thing that worries me now is having to leave it off for 12 to 24 hours.

1tfrot

Reaction score
just did the otterbox instead. works good enough for me and very protected :p

OP
L

loki993

Reaction score
just did the otterbox instead. works good enough for me and very protected :p

Yeah they're expensive and add way too much bulk to the phone. I like the profile the way it is so Im not putting a case on it even. Just a screen protector. In fact I got the Extended battery for it and I'm not even sure I want to use that, the phone looks like the humpback with that back on it. They could have done a lot better with that I think.

FATRAY

Reaction score
I installed the Zagg screen protector 1.5 days ago. $20 shipped from the Zagg web site, came with small water sprayer, squeegee and lint free cloth in a very nice box. Totally professional all the way. Installing was extremely easy, took two minutes. Follow the directions and there is no way you can mess it up. The material is nothing like those hard plastic 5 for 99 cent ones on Amazon. It's like a soft rubber, pressing your fingernail into it leaves a mark that disappears in a few seconds. Oily fingers no longer leave streaks on the screen. It looked bad for the first day, looked like really old glass warping the screen ever so slightly. Almost done the second day and it's almost smooth. Everyone likes calling them "micro bubbles", but looks more like orange peel on a new car paint job. Sliding my finger on the screen has some resistance, like I said if feels like rubber. :blink:

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah they're expensive and add way too much bulk to the phone. I like the profile the way it is so Im not putting a case on it even. Just a screen protector. In fact I got the Extended battery for it and I'm not even sure I want to use that, the phone looks like the humpback with that back on it. They could have done a lot better with that I think.

I use the extended battery with included cover, phone looks just fine "its a damn phone" who cares if its not slim and sexy, I like my girls with some meat on their bones anyway:), and the phone with extended battery last all day long, plus I got the extended battery case and holster for the Rezound "OEM" from eBay for $13, it also works with regular battery, and it has a build in kick stand when you want to watch movies.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/310370406026?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Last edited: