Best screen protector?

xxpigxx

Reaction score
So I am going to buy a screen protector for the first time. What brand should I get? What brand is the best?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I personally recommend Steinheil to everyone. My family loves it on their phones, they have the Ultra Crystal for their 4s. I used Steinheil on my OG Droid after the Zagg invisible shield (which I hated), and haven't tried any other brand since. In fact I'm waiting on a pair of Steinheil protectors for my Nexus, thought they were gonna be here today, now I gotta wait till Monday:frown:

edi: I went with this: Amazon.com: SGP Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime Screen Protector Steinheil Series [Ultra Oleophobic]: Cell Phones & Accessories

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I find Seidio to be the best, but instead of cutting out just the speaker and the camera holes, they just cut the top right corner out completely which I think is poor design. So I'm stuck really, I don't like wet applications and it's hard to find quality dry ones other than Seidio. So right now I'm using a Droid X Seidio screen protector on mine, covers the actual screen perfectly strangely enough, but obviously leaves the top and bottom part of the glass unprotected, better than nothing for now.

I bought 2 from Wrapsol and they were terrible, so don't buy those.

OP
xxpigxx

xxpigxx

Reaction score
Thanks for the links.

I was looking at Zagg, but people say it feels too rubbery.

Never bought a protector before.

bmoney8793

Reaction score
I have had a Zagg IS on my D2 for over a year now. I put it on the day I bought the D2, and it just now started to pull up in one of the corners. That also wasn't any fault of the screen protector. When I installed it, I let it dry just over the edge of the screen. It does feel slightly rubbery but its not anything that makes a big difference. I actually preferred the feel. Between the ruuberized coating on the back of the D2 and the screen protector, the gripability of the phone was second to none, if that makes any sense. I just upgraded to a Nexus and I intend on getting another IS for this phone, along with one for my wife, who just upgraded to a crIphone...

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I bought five on eBay for about $5, and they've held up just fine. They last about six months with daily use.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
bought 3 on ebay for $3. repels dust and finger prints and doesn't reflect light, what more do you need?

OP
xxpigxx

xxpigxx

Reaction score
I bit on an XO screen protector. We will see how goes it.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I used my Seidio screen protector on my OG for 2 years, still no scratches on it and no edge peeling. I'd buy one for the Nexus but I don't like that they've just cut a big top right corner piece off instead of actually doing cut outs for the speaker/camera. I think when you spend $15 for a screen protector you should at least get full coverage of the face of the phone. Really bummed about them taking this shortcut, they're really the best I've ever used, keeps the glass feeling like glass.

Edit: Realized I posted in this thread already, but I'm just disappointed with the screen protectors for the Nexus, maybe I'll try the wet application ones since they're the only ones with full coverage.

moset

Reaction score
No screen protector at all for 2 year on D1. I go totally naked. Gorilla glass is really tough but it will crack so don't drop it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
No screen protector at all for 2 year on D1. I go totally naked. Gorilla glass is really tough but it will crack so don't drop it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

+1 on no screen protectors..but I do have one on now..taking off when i get tired of looking at it so I will get another wow effect as the non glare makes the screen look stupidly uglified..lol

Quite Sharp indeed....
Motorola Droid Razor...
Peace!

lazarus2297

Reaction score
well you already made you decision but i will add my support for zagg invisible shield.. I like the "rubbery" feel and it also helps with easy removal of smudges and preventing smudges in general. I have always used zagg.. As long as you don't get the ones at the vzw store ewww those are horrible..

wil318466

Reaction score
My recommendation is to completely skip the screen protector, there simply is no need.

I had a Fascinate and had a silicone cover for the body, and left the screen bare. It's simply preference, but I can tell you I've used my fascinate in every situation and dropped it multiple times and the glass never got one scratch on it. The case DID save my scratching the body, though.

With my GNEX I have the same exact setup. Just a body cover for drops and don't worry about the glass. These phones have very strong/scratch resistant glass on it. Unless you are in some sort of particularly harsh environments with your phone and need one, I say let the beauty shine through (and let's face it, the GNEX has a unreal display) - keep the glass UNcovered.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I want to keep it naked so bad, but I just worry about that one piece of sand that gets on there and I swipe on top of it. Sand is strangely strong, I've seen it destroy an OG screen.