Best screen protector for finger prints and smudges?

GSdub510

Reaction score
Any ideas? Anyone have Zagg for their screen?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

R Henry Scott

Reaction score
My wife and I both have Fascinates. She has the Zag screen protector and I do not.
We both have a soft silicone cover over the back. After 5 months I can tell you this.
1. My screen in brighter, and easier to read.
2. My screen looks better.
3. My screen is more touch sensitive.
I believe I did an excellent job applying the screen protector but in the end you can still tell you have one on. If I took off her screen protector and cleaned up the screen and compared the screens side by side you could'nt tell which one had it on. In other words do waste your money on screen protectors for this phone, they really don't need one unless you totally abuse your phone. As for finger prints and smuges no screen protector is going to stop this, in fact I think they enhance the problem. A quick one over with a soft cloth and my phone looks brand new.

bullswife98

Reaction score
My wife and I both have Fascinates. She has the Zag screen protector and I do not.
We both have a soft silicone cover over the back. After 5 months I can tell you this.
1. My screen in brighter, and easier to read.
2. My screen looks better.
3. My screen is more touch sensitive.
I believe I did an excellent job applying the screen protector but in the end you can still tell you have one on. If I took off her screen protector and cleaned up the screen and compared the screens side by side you could'nt tell which one had it on. In other words do waste your money on screen protectors for this phone, they really don't need one unless you totally abuse your phone. As for finger prints and smuges no screen protector is going to stop this, in fact I think they enhance the problem. A quick one over with a soft cloth and my phone looks brand new.

+1 on this,completely agree! I went through sevral different screen protectors thinking I've got to protect my beloved droid1 (altough anctient by now in cell phone yrs.) Went and bought top of the line only to realize that my phone was much better w/o them. Hard to keep clean,more smudges than with no protector on it and I applied it perfectly as well,only to find that I got sucked into the hipe like many others believing I had to have it on my phone even though I hated the way it. Looked and felt. So I quit buying them and haven't went back. That was abt 2 years ago and its still like new as the day I bought it. Then I read exactly what my screen was made with and unless you totally abuse your phone,the screen was built to handle fingerprints,smudges, and even up to being thrown in purses or pockets with keys and change. If you think your phone needs a screen protector on it then you didn't get a good phone. Pretty much all smart phones were designed to be user freindly all the way down to even the screen.

Rooted : Rz Recovery
Rom : Simply Stunning v5.3
Kernal : Rz Kernal 250/1100oc
Theme:SimplyStunning, ADWTHEME/CRYSTAL

OP
GSdub510

GSdub510

Reaction score
Wow, thanks Mr. Scott! Great inside information now I don't have to shell out $20+ :D

Reaction score
+1 on RHS and Bullswife...I got a screen protector and immediately hated it. I have a case protector, but only because it's very thin and hard and has a belt lock (too much of a pain putting in a jeans front pocket), but nothing on the screen. I've had it since last year when it first came out and not a scratch on the screen. Just keep a soft cloth in your car and at home and you're good to go (I have glasses, so I have them around anyway). This phone is wayyyyy better with no screen protector on it! :)

Mark Kropf

Reaction score
I had zag and the ones you can get at verizon, then I ran bare for a while. Now I have the ultra clear model of the above mentioned brand and am very happy, the only way you can see it is if it's extremely smudged. The screen is just as sensitive and responsive as it was, its also very smooth, but a touch less so then bare.

Mark Kropf

Reaction score
Slick might be a better word then smooth