Best root apps

Eugeni0us

Reaction score
What are must have root apps for my DROID x. Right now I am rooted and running gingerbread with root.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

jbhuskers

Reaction score
Shoot Me is a great screen capture program. I've used it many times since I rooted.

EL Lacost

Reaction score
Anybody know any must have root apps?

Sent from ur mom on my GneX

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I use root explorer more then any other app. Root browser is free and does just about everything root explorer does. That and titanium back up are my most used apps by far.

Zane_Grey

Reaction score
+1 for getting Root Explorer. It is an amazing root file manager that has so many features.

If you havent bought Titanium Backup yet check out the app "AppExtractor". It allows you to Resotore Apps/Data (System/User), SMS/MMS, Contacts, Wifi Settings, Bluetooth Settings, and Bookmarks from your nandroid backup. With the paid version you can Freeze/Unfreeze system apps, Extract a single .apk, and fix permissions. Ive been using this app for awhile now and am very happy with it.

Another nice app to have if you use franco's kernels is his updater app. It checks for updates to his kernels and downloads them. You can have it auto flash the kernel or it will download the kernel as a flashable zip. It has all the features of other overclocking apps such as max/min settings, govenor selection, and voltage control built in so you wont have to use another app to change these settings. There are also other settings like color control where you can change the RGB settings for your screen.

CPU Spy will allow you to see how long your phone has spent at each of the clock settings. It is useful to see if your phone has been entering deep sleep or not.

Boot Manager is fun. It took me awhile to finally get it working correctly, but with the number of different rom choices for the gnex it is great to have. It allows you to install different roms onto your sdcard and boot into them with the press of a button while maintaining your main phone rom. I was hesitant about paying for this app, but am happy with my decision after using it for awhile.

These are just a few apps that I have been using for awhile and use more frequently than others.

turdbogls

Reaction score
I could not use my phone without Root explorer or titanium backup. i also have wifi tether, ROM toolbox (tons to customize in there) Set CPU, NinjaMorph, and Franco.Kernal app. the first 2 i use ALL THE TIME, the others i could get rid of if i wanted but each one does something that the built in "ROM tweaks" app cannot do.