Best rom

smiller7117

Reaction score
I FINALLY got my ROM backed up. Didn't want to download a new one until I knew for sure it was. Realized I had no bootstrapper. Found a free download on the internet. Thank ya Jeebus. Lol.

Now, which one of the ROMs (provided in the "download new ROMs" option in ROM Manager) is the best?

Jonas

Reaction score
I FINALLY got my ROM backed up. Didn't want to download a new one until I knew for sure it was. Realized I had no bootstrapper. Found a free download on the internet. Thank ya Jeebus. Lol.

Now, which one of the ROMs (provided in the "download new ROMs" option in ROM Manager) is the best?

Don't use that, go on here (the forums), and download the CM7 ROM for D2G. It's the best ROM in my honest opinion, and I'm currently using it myself.

txter

Reaction score
first we need to know what you have now... 2.2 or 2.3?
did you update to the GB update?

mr.inter

Reaction score
Is CM7 with GB kernel stable yet? Are there any issues related to it?

OP
smiller7117

smiller7117

Reaction score
Yeah I've updated to gingerbread 2.3
What should i do?

OP
smiller7117

smiller7117

Reaction score
UH... I LOOKED ON THE FORUMS PAGE. DIDNT FIND CM7 FOR D2G.
THEY HAVE ONE ON rom manager.

Jonas

Reaction score
Let me google that for you

It's all over the place. It's one of the most commonly used ROMs on the D2G. If you really and truly are having trouble finding it, let me know, and I will be more than glad to help. But it seems like you're not using your own common sense and searching.

The known bugs are very limited, and it's a very stable rom at the moment on the GB version of OS

OP
smiller7117

smiller7117

Reaction score
Uh, yeah, I searched for it. I'm not retarded lol. I found one for Droid 2. Wasn't sure if that was it since alot of ROMs for the Droid 2 aren't compatible with the D2G. I'm assuming this one is?
(Not trying to be rude. ;-) )

Jonas

Reaction score
Uh, yeah, I searched for it. I'm not retarded lol. I found one for Droid 2. Wasn't sure if that was it since alot of ROMs for the Droid 2 aren't compatible with the D2G. I'm assuming this one is?
(Not trying to be rude. ;-) )

the one I linked is compatible with Droid 2 Global. Sorry if I came across as rude or short tempered. One way to tell is the file name will contain "CM4D2G" somewhere in the file name. Thats doesn't mean its version 4, but it's CM7 for D2G, if you follow me. If you have any questions, I can look over the file for you. You will want the 10-19 nightly. If that doesn't make sense to you, do a little reading on the XDA forums, or the rootzwiki, and see what you can find. if you still don't understand, I will help you out.

froggy503

Reaction score
I've been holding off on the RevNumbers CM7 GB nightly until the alt lock is working. Anyone know if it is working yet?

Jonas

Reaction score
I've been holding off on the RevNumbers CM7 GB nightly until the alt lock is working. Anyone know if it is working yet?

Mine is not, but if you hit the alt button twice, it's the same as hitting alt lock. Just like you had to do on the Droid 1.

jlhaehl

Reaction score
simply press the regular alt button twice for alt lock its a workaround if thats the only reason your holding off time to make the leap

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
I doubt it will until CM7 makes the transition to Ice Cream Sandwich.

I tried implementing alt lock, but it's just too much refactoring. Well, sure, it can be done without refactoring but then only the stock LatinIME will support it.

froggy503

Reaction score
Switched over to the RevNumbers CM7 GB. Hitting ALT twice works great for alt-lock. Getting rid of the Blur definitely frees up a LOT more RAM. I like that CM7 forces you to re-enter the screen lock pattern after manually turning the screen off. The menu under the long-press power button is a great improvement - Screenshot and Reboot is nice to have there. The Wifi, Bluetooth, GPS, and Silent buttons are nice to have at the top of the notifications drawer (means I don't have to install buttons on the home screen for it). Wifi, Bluetooth, and GPS buttons in the notifications drawer work, but the Silent button only partly works (right now if you long press on it, it takes you to the sounds menu. Short pressing it doesn't seem to do anything). Switched Browser on the Dock to Dolphin Browser HD. For some reason, the custom dock icon reverts to a generic android icon after a while, but that's pretty minor. Not sure what tweaks, if any, to apply to CM7 GB. I have ROM Toolbox, Milestone Overclock, Propmodder, and RadioComm, but my guess is that CM7 already has some of that stuff built in. For some reason the weather widget doesn't have any weather information for my location, even with GPS on. It does pull weather information if I manually enter a zip code.

Last edited: