Best rom thus far?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Shmooze, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Shmooze

Shmooze Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, not to toot my noob horn but I have hacked the crap outta my phone thanks to your suggestions and brainless tutorials. Loving the smoked glass rom the best with its default 800mhz and 2.1 firmware. Just wondering what other roms out there you all consider better or just like in general. Happy rootin :icon_ devil:

2. agent42o

agent42o Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I checked out sholes, it's got some nice features but way too much lag, hopefully that gets resolved in the long run as there's a lot of potential there.

Right now I am using Bugless Beast 0.8.3 and I love it, it's fast, gives me all the features I want, and just works, overclocked to 800MHZ as well.

3. hobby31

hobby31 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I was thinking about starting a thread like this. The information on the ROMS are so scattered it's hard to know whats out there and where to get in info.

I've tried the 2.1 from the "2.1 the easy way thread". It was too laggy and glitchy for me. Last night I decided to try the "bugless Beast" and I have to day I'm very impressed with it. Very snappy and no force closes or anything. The only thing I've noticed it the my handsent sms doesn't show any contacts in it. If I try and create a new message there are no contacts shown. If I start type in their name they'll show up in the auto fill part. I still get messages and can respond to them. Other than that it's been a real nice ROM. I downloaded the sholes ROM but after reading some of the comments about it have decided not to try it. So far I'm loving the bugless beast and would recommend it.

4. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Right now I'm running Bugless Beauty 0.8.3, and it is awesome. and agent42o, the Bugless Beast is 0.7.1 I believe and the Bugless Beauty is the 0.8.3, so I wasn't really sure exactly which one you were referring to...I hear their both great, I just haven't tried the Beast yet, but since its a lower build #, I just figured it was an older version of the Bugless series or whatever, and so I went with the highest # version. But, I am not too clear on that because they just updated the Beast ROM like yesterday think? And its still 0.7.1? And it seems like people have been downloading that ROM like crazy the past couple days on droidforums....

5. Nyssa520

Nyssa520 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Smoked Glass is 2.0.1 based. But it is on my roster to try out today. :motdroidvert:
    I am currently using the AllDroid Community ROM and although the camera still doesn't work, it is the most stable 2.1 based ROM I have tried. I think it has a lot of potential and as soon as the camera is fixed it very well may be my ROM of choice. I tried the NexusDroid ROM and got lots of force closes and random reboots. The "Installing 2.1 the Easy Way" ROM was pretty good, but still had enough force closes and reboots to start "shopping" for another option.

6. agent42o

agent42o Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My bad, I am using Bugless Beauty, I was using beast, 0.7.1 til yesterday and updated(?), sorry for the confusion. I am a little confused now too, either way, both worked great.

7. krise11385

krise11385 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Quick questin wat is the diffrence between the buglees beast n the beauty ? Yesterday I installed the smokedglass 3.1 n I like it the best so far . I downloaded the beast at the same time as smokedglass n I think I'm gna install it today cuz I have heard all good things bout it . Thanks everyone

8. agent42o

agent42o Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Honestly, I am not sure, heh, someone said that 0.8.3 had wifi tether and overclocking to 800mhz built in but when I installed that wasn't the case, in fact, the only real difference I notice is a bootanimation.

both have 5 screens, milestone browser, updated media gallery and music player, as well as the smoked glass theme.

So, I am a little confused by the build numbers and names.

9. lippstuh

lippstuh New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    pete made bugless beauty 0.8.3 no OC or wifi
    his OC and wifi edition is called Bugless beast 0.7.1

10. Corinacakes

Corinacakes Super Moderator
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +3
    congrats shmooze!! i sure wish i had the nerve to put that smoked glass thing on but i'm just too chicken. the only thing i've done is root and that bout sent me to the ward it scared me so bad lol

11. Nyssa520

Nyssa520 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just figure if I ever brick my Droid, I will run over it with my car and make an insurance claim. :icon_ devil:

12. agent42o

agent42o Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, I was just reading that on the alldroid forums, I wish more of those authors were here, as the general community here seems to be a lot more friendly, but oh well, what can ya do.

Either way, both seem to work very well, they are both stable and fast, imo it's the best mod available at the moment, but I am curious to see what Sholes will become once all the kinks get worked out.