Best ROM for OG Droid

darkmatter

Reaction score
Sourcery. no question. I'm not sure, but I think it might be the only late Froyo rom that was exclusively for the Droid 1.

jefbystereo

Reaction score
I just installed the new project elite rom and its awesome. ive also used CM6/7, as well as stock froyo roms and this one is the smoothest of all of them. which is fairly amazing since its GB

JustisLewis

Reaction score
SS 5.4 W chevyno1 kernels

Anyone know why I have ss5.4 with chevyno1 tools and cyanogenmod settings?

Either way i found I had to set the cpu speed in both chevy tools and cyanogenmod settings for them to take effect.

B/c Chevy switched to CyanogenMod source instead of AOSP.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

xxturbowesxx

Reaction score
Chevy SS 5.4 w chevy 1.2ghz LV with interactive Gov

I have a droid 2 extended batt so I am not concerned with batt life(I prob wouldn't use this kernel with stock battery).

The trick for me to keep a rom blazing fast is to reflash every few weeks and clear cache often.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Can I add to the question?

Which one is best for performance? Has the least processes running the in background?

My OG Droid is rooted, and it's running a low voltage kernel at 1000mhz, but it's slow as crap because everytime I pull u the task manager I have 30MB of free space and 15-20 phantom apps services running. Any ROMs out there that will keep these killed unless I actually boot up the apps, and keep her running fast?

Give Sourcery a try, since its the most recent Froyo and doesn't have motoblur on its snappy and efficient.

donerico

Reaction score
Can I add to the question?

Which one is best for performance? Has the least processes running the in background?

My OG Droid is rooted, and it's running a low voltage kernel at 1000mhz, but it's slow as crap because everytime I pull u the task manager I have 30MB of free space and 15-20 phantom apps services running. Any ROMs out there that will keep these killed unless I actually boot up the apps, and keep her running fast?

Give Sourcery a try, since its the most recent Froyo and doesn't have motoblur on its snappy and efficient.

I tried many Gingerbread ROMs and eventually went back to Sourcery, since it is the best Froyo ROM for my phone.

badz

Reaction score
While I think this thread is a contradiction to the use of this forum (or at least the Custom section), I find myself truly bored here on a Sunday night and so I'll throw my 2 cents in.

Back before GB was out I use to run Chevy's SS a lot. However, since GB was released and Peter Alfonso has been doing his GPA releases I have been running those instead. Currently I am running GPA17 beta? (it's v 2.3.5) and I run Chevy's lv 1ghz kernel. I use to run Peter Alfonso's kernels but the combo of this v2.3.5 and chevy's kernel is giving me absolutely great performance as well as better battery from what I can tell.

jchammer123

Reaction score
I've seen so many threads with this question. The one thing I've learned is that its all personal preference. Us D1 users are really lucky because of all the amazing roms we have! I've tried almost all of them, and what I like is different then what the next guy likes.

To answer the question, I think SS 5.4 is the best aosp based rom, but I also like miui.us gingerbread because its so different than any other rom out there.

xxturbowesxx

Reaction score
I've seen so many threads with this question. The one thing I've learned is that its all personal preference. Us D1 users are really lucky because of all the amazing roms we have! I've tried almost all of them, and what I like is different then what the next guy likes.

To answer the question, I think SS 5.4 is the best aosp based rom, but I also like miui.us gingerbread because its so different than any other rom out there.

what makes it different?

jchammer123

Reaction score

what makes it different?

Miui is not an AOSP based rom. It was basically created from scratch. The entire interface is different then any other rom out there. It mixes the look of iphone with all the goodness of android. There are several videos of it on youtube if you wanna check it out. I've been using it for about a month now and love it. A new version is released every week, so it keeps your rom addictions in check, lol.

When you first load it on your phone it may be a little laggy. I run mine with a Chevyno1 kernel (1ghz lv) and the supercharger script with the balanced 3 setting and its snappy as can be! Give it a shot. You can pm me if you have any questions or just ask in this thread, there's a lot of people that can help with miui and other roms!

jchammer123

Reaction score
Miui has an impressive look and ui but I had many lost calls and text on it..

What version was that? Since I've benn on it I haven't missed a single call or text! Using the supercharger script has helped with locking messaging in memory! Magiman now builds the supercharger script in with the rom as well.