Best ROM for Droid Bionic

kamisan

Reaction score
If your ICS stripped Icarus gets my vote,, went to JB ota and ccarbon rom on slot 1.. never going back.. the JB ota seems to have remedied the mic issue with kexec (or the devs figured it out) everything works that I want,, bluetooth is not buggy, speed is good, it is smooth, tweak and features every ICS rom I ever ran never had.. just saying for a custom rom carbon has been my DD since the ota update was done. The other roms mentioned are all solid roms, if you an ICS running person I would stick with them. all the icarus roms are solid, the stripped is less icarus than the others and is light on system.

kwest12

Reaction score
I've got a used Bionic on the way and plan on installing 4.2.2 on it (that's advisable, right?). Anyway, what are the latest greatest ROMs? I'm looking for speed, battery life and minimal bugs (surprise, surprise, right?)

deduct

Reaction score
I've got a used Bionic on the way and plan on installing 4.2.2 on it (that's advisable, right?). Anyway, what are the latest greatest ROMs? I'm looking for speed, battery life and minimal bugs (surprise, surprise, right?)

My favorite 4.2 ROM is liquid smooth for features, battery life and stability.

Reaction score
Honestly, my Bionic is running better on the stock JB rom rooted with bloat manually removed than it ever has on any of the "aftermarket" roms. No idea why, I ran Eclipse on ICS and it just never was as fast. Only issue with the stock rom is getting the wifi tethering working but I'll get there.

kwest12

Reaction score
The Wifi Tether app from the play store doesn't work on stock-rooted?

deduct

Reaction score
The Wifi Tether app from the play store doesn't work on stock-rooted?

I don't think so. I've always hacked my stock slot with sq lite to get WiFi tether for free. I believe foxfi works with jb now also

Import roller

Reaction score
I was wondering about this topic too. I loved Blurry maxx on ICS, but my Blurry 2.5 on the JB seems to have some crash issues when i trying to open anything. It lags, and if i tap it again, it closes saying it stopped working. It may be something i did on my phone during the install, so i'm going to delete the rom, and reinstall it. But I was curious too if the Cyangen or the Icarus HD were very good? Any input as to which of those are better overall. What are the benefits and drawbacks that anyone has noticed with those?

debrad0307

Reaction score
I used to run liberty on my bionic. Pretty stable. Has a lot of customizable options too

Sent from my Synergized S3 using Tapatalk 2

debrad0307

Reaction score
When I had my bionic liberty was running ICS I think.

Sent from my Synergized S3 using Tapatalk 2

deduct

Reaction score
Last running liberty ROM was on gingerbread

buellboy9

Reaction score
I've been running CyanogenMod 10.1 since it went "Stable" and I'm LOVING this thing. It is a KEXEC build that must be installed into SafeStrap ROM-Slot-1, but once you get it running, it's MAGIC. For one thing, you discover you're running Android 4.2.2, and there is NO Verizon or Motorola bloat at ALL. In fact, a lot of the apps I had installed I discovered I didn't need anymore. The Trebuchet launcher easily replaces the ADW_Launcher I was using. I no long need to use Easy Tether, as I can tether straight from the phone without having to dance around Verizon's "block" from all of the other ROMs that've come out based on the MotoBlur build. Plus, CM will Auto-Update just like the stock ROM, so there's seldom any need to boot back to stock (unless there is a critical radio update or something along those lines). Try it! Here's the link: Information: Motorola Droid Bionic ("targa") - CyanogenMod

I'm surprised they haven't created a subforum here yet for CyanogenMod!