best rom for battery and reception

wvdroidman

Reaction score
What is the best rom for battery and reception? When I had the original droid I used simply stunning most of the time.

Verro84

Reaction score
I don't really think the ROMs have anything to do with the Signal strength. As for battery life I been using Demented Bean (CM10) and battery life is good I can get through the day with pretty heavy use

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't really think the ROMs have anything to do with the Signal strength. As for battery life I been using Demented Bean (CM10) and battery life is good I can get through the day with pretty heavy use

Correct. The only effect a ROM could have on "signal" is by making more bars appear at worse DBM levels. This would be an edit they would have to make to intentionally deceive users (and to my knowledge I haven't seen anyone manipulate the scaling other than Liquid on a certain build [he translated signal from 4 to 5 bars, but not to deceive; I think he did it because he liked how it looked at 5 bars]) No ROM will improve or hurt radio reception. The radios are what they are.

Last edited:
OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
how can I improve my radio reception besides getting a different phone? I am on jellybean and the latest radios.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
how can I improve my radio reception besides getting a different phone? I am on jellybean and the latest radios.

Then there's really nothing you can do. If its only spotty at your home, you could invest in a network extender.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Verro84

Reaction score
I would go with 1 of the Motorola phones if u are in a low signal area they always have great reception. I have a issue when I'm home but outside its great reception

akhi216

Reaction score
I would go with 1 of the Motorola phones if u are in a low signal area they always have great reception. I have a issue when I'm home but outside its great reception

This. Motorola's radios are the best in the business.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Verro84

Reaction score
I really miss the Bionic I seen it on amazon.com about a month ago for $175 I might actually get it again

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
will the reception get better or is this as good as it will get?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
will the reception get better or is this as good as it will get?

Unless they put more towers in your area, nothing will improve reception. Maybe new radios in the next update *might* improve it, but typically radio software updates only improve with handoffs and eliminating drops.

I have no issue with reception at all. If it simply isn't cutting it for you, perhaps you should switch to a new device with better radios for your location.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2