Best rom and best way to install

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Jeremy Jackson, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Jeremy Jackson

Jeremy Jackson New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, I'm a newbie so any help would be great. I have a rooted Motorola Droid (1) running Sapphire 0.7.0. I want to install a new Rom and utilize my phone's capabilities. Any suggestions? I keep hearing about overclocking but don't really know what that does. Also, what's the best way to install a new rom? I've been toying around with Rom Manager (free) but it seems a little finicky and makes me a little paranoid. :blackdroid:

2. Jeremy Jackson

Ratings:
    +0
    I guess I should have prefaced by saying- I rooted my phone using sp recovery and installed Sapphire 0.7.0. Is Rom Manager the best way to go as far as installing new roms? I had to flash between recoveries several times just to get it to do a backup. Now I'm a little gun-shy to using it. I just don't want to totally screw up my phone, so a little guidance and I should be off and running.

3. xliderider

xliderider Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Sapphire is up to 1.1.0 last time I had my D1 running. ;)

Rom Manager is great for the convenience and ease of installing roms and themes. However, as you have discovered, sometimes the recovery image doesn't "stick" when flashed. I had gotten into the habit of flashing the recovery image when using rom manager 2 or 3 times just to be safe.

Also, make sure to make current backups in both SPRecovery and Clockwork Mod Recovery so you don't get "stuck" in one recovery without a good backup to fall back on as the two recovery files aren't compatible with each other.

4. Jeremy Jackson

Ratings:
    +0
    Do I just flash to SPRecovery in rom manager and reboot into recovery (holding power and x) and tell it to backup?

Search tags for this page
best android rom manager

best way install rom

best way of install rom
best way to install elegance rom
best way to install roms
fastest way to install a rom
is rom manager the safest way to flash roms

what is the best rom manager