Best rom and apps for battery length

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by lordegregious, Aug 9, 2010.

1. lordegregious

lordegregious New Member

I personally use Bugless Beast right now but my father's droid has terrible battery life and isn't going to work for him with his job. The 2.2 update has made it even worse and I figured I'd try and get him a configuration that could boost his battery life.

One issue he has is that the phone loses signal many times a day in his central office. I helped him out last friday for 10 hours and my stats said I was without signal for 6 hours even though I was surfing with full 3G for at least 2 hours total through the day. I didn't know if there was some way to help that situation besides getting a cell booster.
    EDIT: I think I figured out that the time without a signal is actually a glitch in either 2.2 or Bugless Beast.

Any suggestions for a battery saving rom or apps would be great. I already rooted his phone so it is ready.
  2. Droid_3.0

Droid_3.0 New Member

I would try a diffrent kennel try one of chevys.
  3. Skizz

Skizz New Member

I don't know if it's the same for the droid, but when i had the Evo I had to use the dial pad and put in *#*#4636#*#* and switch it from GSMauto to CDMAauto. That made my time without a signal change significantly. Hope this helps.