Best place to get a nexus for existing customer...

kinfolk248

Reaction score
Looking at getting a nexus but idk where to get it from. Amazon has it for about $20 ($229) cheaper than what verizon is letting it go for. and i see costco has it for $219 w/ an extra battery and car charger, leather case, and screen protectors buttt.....i dont have a costco account lol. my og droid is completely shot and i was trying to wait til springbreak but it aint happening smh lol. so from the experience of others, can you guys give me some pros and cons and some advice (good advice)...

NicoleNXD

Reaction score
I would either go with amazon or Costco. I have seen many people complaining about Verizon stores lately. Seems that some stores are giving people problems if they need to exchange the phone. Maybe those are just bad stores with bad reps and maybe your Verizon store is better. I have read on the forums a few times where people have gone to their verizon wanting to exchange their nexus for another nexus and verizon turning them down and only offering razr or razr maxxs as a replacement. Costco seems to have no problem with exchanges. Again maybe those are bad stores. Hopefully others will chime in to help with your decision. =)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I've heard nothing, but good things from people who bought their phones from Best Buy. Their CS is friendlier from what I've heard and they don't "interrogate" you when you need to exchange a phone, like some horror stories at Verizon, though I've had nothing but good experiences with my local store. Considering you don't have a membership at Costco I think Amazon or Best Buy would be your best bet.

OP
K

kinfolk248

Reaction score
I've heard nothing, but good things from people who bought their phones from Best Buy. Their CS is friendlier from what I've heard and they don't "interrogate" you when you need to exchange a phone, like some horror stories at Verizon, though I've had nothing but good experiences with my local store. Considering you don't have a membership at Costco I think Amazon or Best Buy would be your best bet.

u know if bestbuy will price match the online $229 price of amazon?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
u know if bestbuy will price match the online $229 price of amazon?
Not sure, I haven't shopped at Best Buy for a couple years to be honest. Alot of retail stores match online prices now or else they wouldn't be able to compete, I know for a fact Fry's matches Amazon and any other large retailer.

OP
K

kinfolk248

Reaction score
anyone know if verizon will do a price match or if they just say so what we dont care????????????????

MrCapcom

Reaction score
I would like to know 2 things will Bestbuy price match Amazon 99 dollar price for new lines to a family plan and will they allow you to switch the phone to another line in a family plan.
I know Wirefly and Amazon won't let u move that phone to another line until after 180 days