1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Best pic app to replace gallery?

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by stevo95, Dec 27, 2009.

1. stevo95

stevo95 New Member

Tried picsay but it is more of an editing app. Is there an app with thumbnails etc, pinch and zoom that is better than the stock gallery app?

TIA.
  2. mbatts25

mbatts25 New Member

how can i get the htc weather app on my moto droid
  3. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

I used Imagine Multitouch before I upgraded to 2.1
  4. mbatts25

mbatts25 New Member

can anyone help my to get the beautiful widget its not in the market
  5. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

The HTC look of the widget is no more. Beautiful Widgets received a cease & desist from HTC. Unless you already had it downloaded and backed up the old version there's no way to get it on the market.

You can try Weather Widget, which is similar... and HTC has left them alone even though it looks almost exactly the same as Beautiful. Just an FYI.
  6. vinnard

vinnard New Member

Why isn't the revamped version of beautiful widget on the market? I wouldn't mind having that version.
  7. Martin030908

HTC's doing.... After the cease & desist order was sent the developer of Beautiful Widgets immediately changed the look of the widget. Well this wasn't enough for HTC, so they made the developer pull Beautiful Widgets from the Market completely so that HTC could 'review' the changes made.

What a load of crap... meanwhile Weather Widget lives on with out a peep from HTC.
  8. GBH2

GBH2 New Member

You can't just steal someone's intellectual property and expect that there will be no consequences.

for now.
  9. Martin030908

The world revolves around intellectual property being ripped off... one good idea comes out and you see 9 other competitors with the same product almost instantly. I can understand HTC's concern since Beautiful Widgets looked exactly like their clock/weather widget, but once it was changed they should've backed off. Now they're just bullying. Even clearer by the fact that Weather Widget has been left alone. Just because it has skins doesn't make it any less of a rip off of intellectual property. It still has the option for the exact HTC look.
    HTC picked Beautiful Widgets because of all the forum (here and other forums) buzz that Beautiful created. It was a top app/widget on almost everyone's list.
    Meanwhile Weather Widget wasn't and has some updating issues and the animations require an add-on to get them to work.
    Is it safe to assume that if Beautiful Widgets had allowed skins and required an add-on to download in order to get the weather animations to work that HTC would have left them alone? No... not with the number of downloads for Beautiful and the praise it received.

'Intellectual property'... meh.... look at half the movies released now a days... they're all someone's 'intellectual property' just remade. Only consequences when it bothers someone... otherwise it goes on and on day in and day out.
  10. pilot25

pilot25 New Member

get a patent or STFU!
  11. Martin030908

Kinda what I was getting at :)
  12. hughesjr

hughesjr New Member

There is a difference between "looking like" something and actually using their items.

You can copyright code and images that you produce ... and that can not be copied.

If you look at something and design something similar without reusing any of their items, that is a different story.

So, the question is, did he use their code or images?

If he is using their code, and if it is not open source, then it does not matter if it looks the same or not. If he is not using their code or images, then it can look similar.
  13. Erich_F

Erich_F New Member

Wow, talk about a perfectly HIJACKED thread. Well played, MBatt.

Does anyone have an answer for the OP? I'd like to know, myself. I don't give a FF about HTC's copyright issues.
  14. brianr0131

brianr0131 New Member

LOL

B&B gallery is by far the best. It has pinch zoon and swipe to switch pictures. Otherwise it looks like the native app

Just search for "Gallery" in market and it's the second listed (bread and butter)
  15. Erich_F

Erich_F New Member

Interesting, there are two versions on the Market...v1.0 and v1.2 (ad supported). Looks like the reviewers don't like the ad version at all...
  16. stevo95

stevo95 New Member

Thanks, does the job. Only minor concern is that unlike Gallery, it doesnt have a quick menu displayed to allow you to delete or share a pic, no biggie because you can do this with one click on the menu button.
  17. Martin030908

thanks for steering this thread back on topic Erich. Got a lil off topic.
    I've just stuck with the stock gallery app.
  18. Erich_F

Erich_F New Member

Martin, my pleasure :)

I tried the older version. It is just a tad better than the stock app, for the swipe browsing. Other than that, it's the same. I was hoping to find an app that allows me to move pics around folders and better organize pics, without having to use Astro or Linda file managers. Linda is a bit easier because it uses thumbnails of the pics, so you can see what the pic is, where Astro is just a generic icon.
  19. mrnelson86

mrnelson86 New Member

For Astro there is an option to show thumbnail pictures in the preferences...under "Look and Feel"
  20. Erich_F

Erich_F New Member

Ah, kool.....thanks! I had to go back and forth with that in order to get it to refresh and make the thumbnails...but it's all good now.
Search tags for this page

app to replace gallery

best android gallery app
best app to replace gallery in droid

best apps to replace gallery in android

best gallarey apps for droid

best gallery app for android

best gallery update for a droid

best pic gallery android

fre gallery apps for droid
quick pic app for galaxy s3
replace gallery in droid
sites to replace someones pic with urs
the best android gallery app
what are some good apps to replace gallery on the android?

what is the best program for droid to replace gallery