Best phone out?

35se

Reaction score
so my s3 is finally crapping out. Ive dropped it a number of times so the screen is jacked. and now when i put it on the charger it doesn't charge all the time.

I can use an upgrade now so wondering what the best device out now is.

Been looking at.
HTC m8
S5
LG G2

I do pretty usual stuff, nothing crazy. camera is a pretty big deal for me tho. That and battery life.

Any opinions on these? or maybe a different one I'm missing?

Thanks in advance Droid community.

-35se

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Out of those phones and from the reviews I read, the s5 has the best camera out of them, if camera is a big deal for you. Battery life, I think they'd all rate about the same, depends on use of course.

As music life said, the Note 3 is an excellent phone as well, but again from what I read the camera on the s5 is better compared to the Note 3.

Out of that bunch, I would personally choose the s5 because I like my s4 alot, and the s5 is an improvement upon it in every way.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Havent tried the G5, but the G2 is great. I really look forward to what the soon to come G3 has in store.

NOVICE

Reaction score
Note 3.

But you gotta put a premium on screen real estate. I use ear buds when I'm making calls. Does look strange when I hold it to my ear.

But I wouldn't trade it for any other device. Totally and completely satisfied after changing phones every 6 months.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I really look forward to what the soon to come G3 has in store.

Same here. It's a beast of a phone but my first choice would be the Xperia Z2 if it comes to Verizon. crosses fingers

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Same here. It's a beast of a phone but my first choice would be the Xperia Z2 if it comes to Verizon. crosses fingers

You've been doing this too long to even assume a Xperia will come to Verizon. Ever. ;)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
so my s3 is finally crapping out. Ive dropped it a number of times so the screen is jacked. and now when i put it on the charger it doesn't charge all the time.

I can use an upgrade now so wondering what the best device out now is.

Been looking at.
HTC m8
S5
LG G2

I do pretty usual stuff, nothing crazy. camera is a pretty big deal for me tho. That and battery life.

Any opinions on these? or maybe a different one I'm missing?

Thanks in advance Droid community.

-35se

That is subjective as the best phone for me may not be the same for you. For me the best phone out is the nexus 5 but that would not be the best phone for someone who needs a business phone (Note 3 is best business phone imo), a great camera (S5 or iphone 5s), best phone for sound (M8), best radios (motorola X), or best battery life (note 3 or Droid Maxx).

So if you want the most popular phone then a Samsung device would be your best bet. But if you want a phone that will suit your needs my suggestion is list the top 3 features that is a must for you in a phone and the one feature you are willing to pass on that should help you decide the phone that will work best for you versus having to buy a new phone every year because the phone you have does not really meet your needs.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Based on what you posted I am going to say the best phone for you that is out now will be the note 3 as it is top in battery life, has a decent camera, but the size may be a factor that you may not care for. The jury is still out on the battery life for the S5.
With that said I am surprisingly getting great battery life out of my nexus 5. And the camera on the n5 is pretty good if you shoot it in hdr mode.

jspradling7

Reaction score
Great responses. I'll add my 2 cents but keep in mind what PC747 said about what is good for one person may not be for the next.

I bought the G2 on release day. It has some great specs and I think LG beat the competition like a drum getting that phone out ahead of it's peers. It has a lot going for it. For its size (a little bigger than the S3) it has a fast chip, a big display, and a 3000 mah battery that last all day for me. But... I do not like it's camera for indoor shots. The GPS takes forever to lock unless you keep it on all the time. And no SD card slot or removal-able battery. The UI is very slick though, I really like how quick it responds to touches and I have a custom ROM on it that I really like as well as Xposed modules. It has its short comings but overall it's worth owning.

I also got the M8 on release. This phone has impressed me. It's fine stock, but even on Verizon I was able to S-Off and put a ROM on it. Battery lasts all day, great sound with the front speakers, SD card slot, metal case, fast chips, GPS locks instantly, and the camera is just fine for me. Hell, one of the first things I do when setting up a phone is set the camera picture to its smallest so I'm not trying to share huge files. The M8 is already set to where I set other cameras to with the added plus of having a camera chip built to take advantage of gathering light like that. It takes the best indoor pictures I've taken with a phone. The M8 is taller than other phones but if they could have made it shorter while keeping the narrow width and doing what it does, I'm sure they would have. This is my favorite phone next to my little Moto X mostly because of how quick it feels. Cool settings options too.

I pre-ordered the S5 even though I was not happy with the final specs. I've only had it a few days and I need to spend more time with it. Making it waterproof evidently forced them to increase it's width over the S3 and S4 and I don't need a fingerprint scanner... it has a good camera, fast chip, an SD slot, and a replaceable battery... but, it still has some Touchwiz lag and I think I like my MDK S4 better. But we will see, we don't have root yet and maybe it will grow on me.