Best Phone on Verizon

BrokenRhino

Reaction score
With all the phones realeased today and in the last few months. I am unbelievably torn on what phone to get. My Droid X had pop spiled on it and the back key and volume down key frequently go crazy. Time for a new one. Price is not an issue.

What phone should I get? Which will be good for Root?

Droid X2 - Dual Core but I feel like the form is identical to what I have and I'm bored with that. Plus 3g will start to feel real slow soon.

Thunderbolt - 4g Yay. Battery and reboot issues?

Revolution - VoLTE sounds awesome. But last years hardware and sucky ram + Bing really disappoints me. It looks good.

Charge - OMG is this thing ugly. Would never take it out of my pocket in public. Beautiful screen.

Sony Play - 3g, Vinilla Android a Plus. Clunky cheap design and I'm not that big of a gamer.

Inc2 - 3G again. Good Ram. No Root yet I think. Eww.

Version why don't you have the Nexus S 4g????? Or should I just wait for the Samsung S II to come out on Verizon? When is it?

Le tme know your thoughts.

Droid592

Reaction score
To be honest with you I've been doing my homework on all these phones and the to be released ones.Here's my opinion the X2 is only fun for someone who has never had a X other wise its the same phone with some beefed stuff I think its a waste of money,the charge's only benefit is the screen otherr then that I think its garbage. The thunderbolt may have its share of issues but tell me one phone that came out and didn't have issues just like the motorola droid they will be worked out through updates, the LG phone that's due to be released soon is a POS especially because its another $300 phone and only a 5mp camera??? Lg screwed up big time on that part, anything dual core that is coming out is a waste because right now that dual core phone will not be able to be used to its full ability and it will be a while before it can be and by the time they release something that actually needs dual core you'll either be right around the corner from another upgrade or have one waiting already.If you want something new something better get the TB the issues will be worked out maybe not over night. If you wait its the bionic which will most likely have a locked bootloader, the droid 3 which is gonna look like the motorola droids now (pointless) but this is all my opinion I don't see anything right that's honeslty worth waiting for especially if u hate bing and blur.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

GDP

Reaction score
Thunderbolt is probably the best phone out right now

Reaction score
Yes, but the Charge is ugly and weak. Not that we shouldn't defend the ugly and week, but still . . .

TBolt all the way!

frankzumo

Reaction score
I would agree with you and get the Thunderbolt. I picked one up three weeks ago and installed the update and I haven't had any problems.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Icemann07

Reaction score
I think the ThunderBolt would be a wise choice right know. Like some other people said they all have problems, but I think its the best in the lineup right know.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Probably the tbolt but me personally i'm about 90% sure i'm leaving verizon to go to sprint for the evo 3d

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

inversesrevni

Reaction score
Take the tbolt, yea its got the batt issues but the increased RAM (abilty to interact with the phone, aka daily use) was the kicker. Besides there's a small 50$ Verizon sale for it, means they are pushing tbolt units to make space for bionic ones which IMO means the flip for tiered data pricing, but that is just my paranoia

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

KHeeney5

Reaction score
Alright here we go, I have an X, had it since December 16 2010. I have another upgrade June 18 2011, so in a few weeks. I can live with my X, I don't want to, but I can. I'd like to have a TB because the modding community is just ridiculous, they will figure out the battery and 4g issues more and more, but it is a great phone regardless.

If for some reason I shatter my X and it just stops working and I had to pick a phone to upgrade to in 2 weeks, I would grab:
-Charge, if there is root, and the Dev. community grows a little
-Revolution, if they find a working recovery
-TB if the otheres fall short, or I just don't like them...
-Craigslist/ebay an incredible

What I am going to do? I'm going to wait. From various articles:

New DROID Bionic Running Gingerbread Gets Benchmarked, Dual-core OMAP Replaces Tegra 2? - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Official: The

As you can see in the articles, the Bionic is possible coming this summer. Dual core, decent ram, etc... With Moto "revising" their bootloader policy, it's interesting to see if they choose to unlock this phone, because if they do, let me tell you, it will be a beast. If that comes out, and it accepts custom kernals, I'm going to jump on it.

If not, wait longer. Go to google, and search Samsung Galaxy S II. This phone is everything you could ever want in a smart phone. It is my number 1 choice. Problem? Could be until the end of the year... Luckily, GB Rom's are popping up for the X, and I think I can suck it up until then. If the Bionic comes out unlocked with no sign of the GSII, I'll jump on that. If not, I'll continue waiting.

Hope this helps.

mrmark99

Reaction score
Charge.... All the way Thunderbolt is nice but the Charge is the one to go with..And I was convinced to buy a Charge from a person who has a Thunderbolt... he has had a-lot of issues with his..So it really comes down to what you want, you are the one who is going to be using it..

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
with the roll out of Gingerbread I am going to say the Droid X is the best right now. It is like a whole new phone for the most part. I am sure the DX2 will put it to shame when it gets GB....but that's when that happens....until then the DX is sick right now.