Best phone on Verizon now and the near future?

Detonation

Reaction score
Who has notice a significant difference between 3G and 4G?
Besides Quad scores. Although, if you want to post one, we wont be mad at you. :)

3g vs 4g network connectivity has nothing to do with quadrant scores.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Thank you!
Then mb/s????

I thought you were trying compare performance of the 2 phones. But network speed between Verizon's 3g vs 4g is a pretty big difference. I don't have 4G coverage in my area, but the speed rating from Verizon is 5-12Mbps (though people posting speed tests often get 15+), where as my 3g speed rarely goes past 1.5Mbs.

illmatic636

Reaction score
That is one hell of a difference!!!

Wait for Bionic then. You only have a month or 2 to go.

mkstn

Reaction score
Why would anyone want a 3g phone. Sooner or later 4g will be everywhere. The original question was what will be the best NEW phone to get.

SoCalNation

Reaction score
A lot of people I know are scared of technology like smartphones, they think its dumb and would rather have their flip or slide phones. I could not live without mine.. it does almost everything possible... And its crazy how there seems to be a new phone popping up around every corner... If you can wait and want a super gaming smartphone wait to get the bionic whenever they decide to release it, a few cool things is it has a finger print scanner for security... And the simple way to say it... It's got the guts of a computer and will run circles around the phones now, also HD screen.

Also I asked Verizon about the 2.3 gingerbread upgrade Dosnt look promising only on the nexus 1 phone ...

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Vashi

Reaction score
From being in a similar situation, here are the future and current phones that should be taken note of that we know of or may know of.

LG Revolution - All it really has going for it is first phone to officially support Netflix.

HTC Thunderbolt - Everyone deems it's a great phone with terrible battery life. Some say they have configured it so it last just as long as other phones. Personally that wouldn't cut it for me.

HTC Sensation - Another 4g HTC phone to come out in the near future, thing is that currently it's only known to come to TMobile, so I have no idea whether or not it will ever come to Verizon. Probably not in my opinion but really.. what do I know?

Samsung Galaxy S II - Technically this phone is already out, is in South Korea and has the absolute best specs for a phone out there. It will more than likely make it's way to every US Carrier, my guess sometime in June. Biggest problems people have with this phone though is that it too plastic-ey. That was intended so it would weigh less, but I understand some people rather have a sturdier feel for their phone. Also that you may never see an update for the OS on it officially. If you are like me and will root it, then that really shouldn't be a problem, if not, then it's not for you.

EDIT: Forgot about that there was an article claiming Galaxy S II won't come out till Q3...

Moto Droid X2 - Hm, this phone supposedly comes out in... *Checks clock* 11 minutes or whenever the Verizon stores open in the morning so you can look that up yourself.

Moto Bionic - Amazing dual core phone that's been pushed back to Q3, will supposedly come out with better specs than what was previously said. It better be considering that the competition will more than likely be coming out with similar phones at that point.

Moto Droid 3 - Very little info is known on this other than it will probably be straight up Android OS.

SoCalNation

Reaction score
Ya the thunderbolt battery life SUCKS. I have 4 batteries for it, which last 4 hours with moderate use, 2 hours if used a lot like video, music player .. etc. Only way to configure this phone for prime battery use is to root it. Today I thought to my self .. why in Hell would they put the charger port on the bottom where it would stand with its kick stand... So your unable to charge while watching a movie and the kick stand covering the speaker??? So far those are the only major flaws.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Xander Crews

Reaction score
Why would anyone want a 3g phone. Sooner or later 4g will be everywhere. The original question was what will be the best NEW phone to get.

Maybe someone who isn't a heavy data user?

I have a Droid 2, which is 3G, and I have have no desire to go 4G...yet.
I can see myself sticking with my D2 for a long time. I love this phone.

therock

Reaction score
I also have a Droid 1 and am waiting on the Bionic. Going to stay Motorola.....

howzball

Reaction score
I also have a Droid 1 and am waiting on the Bionic. Going to stay Motorola.....

This is how I'm leaning myself. My OG Droid still works fine and I really can't bash Motorola phone's, always had good luck with them.
My biggest complaint with my Droid is that it bogs down at times, almost any new phone should solve that problem but, the name Bionic sounds cool if nothing else.

jakeklomps

Reaction score
The Fascinate wins my vote for the most part. High quality display, plenty of features, good processing power. Easily rooted and customized.. Until I unleash this Droid X I just got, the Fascinate wins for me hands down.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

therock

Reaction score
My biggest complaint with my Droid is that it bogs down at times, almost any new phone should solve that problem but, the name Bionic sounds cool if nothing else.

Well, don't do what I did and go out and get an Incrediblre2 just because any new phone would solve the problem. That was not true with me. I went for it and promptly returned it. The Droid smoked it as far as I'm concerned.

Long story but I'll not try another HTC again for a long time. I'm waiting on the Bionic.

therock

Reaction score
Ya the thunderbolt battery life SUCKS. I have 4 batteries for it, which last 4 hours with moderate use, 2 hours if used a lot like video, music player .. etc. Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Finally someone admits it! I have several friends that failed to pay attention during the trial period and are crying all the time about it.