Best phone on Verizon now and the near future?

hooknife

Reaction score
I have an original Droid and I'm looking to upgrade. Should I upgrade to a phone that is offered now or wait for something in the near future? What is the phone you guys like?

Please guide this grasshopper.

Thank you!!!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Easy... Right now it's the Thunderbolt.

If your going to wait on the next best, there is alway one right around the corner no matter what phone you have.

Detonation

Reaction score
If your going to wait on the next best, there is alway one right around the corner no matter what phone you have.

Not always true. The Droid X came out in July 2010 and there was arguably nothing else worth buying (on Verizon) until this March when the Thunderbolt came out.

With all the rumors of the DX2, LG Revolution, and more coming pretty soon, I'd say wait it out another week or two if you can to see what's coming.

Yes in tech industry you can wait the rest of your life for the next best device, but there's a difference in waiting months versus waiting a few weeks when you know somethings coming.

mkstn

Reaction score
What is so great about the Thunderbolt? I broke my Moto Droid and bought a used HTC Eris and hate it. Hate the HTC way of doing things. Why should I go to an HTC T-Bolt??? Please tell me... not sure I can wait much longer using the POC

SoCalNation

Reaction score
I had the MOTO Droid for over a year before I got the thunderbolt. I love the thunderbolt, its fast, reliable, has a LOT of memory and 4G which I'm dying to try LOL... The HTC Eris might have sucked but this HTC phone is amazing with its large HD vibrant screen, its camera and HD video recording. This is coming from someone who had their original MOTO Droid replaced 10x and would be so pissed and irritated with it that I would complain to Verizon Soooo much...
HTC has proved them selves to be the best brand with this phone and even my friends EVO and Desire.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

npro1464

Reaction score
What is so great about the Thunderbolt? I broke my Moto Droid and bought a used HTC Eris and hate it. Hate the HTC way of doing things. Why should I go to an HTC T-Bolt??? Please tell me... not sure I can wait much longer using the POC

It's 4g for starters. It also has a beautiful, big screen. Many users here and elsewhere prefer HTC Sense over others like MotoBlur, Touchwiz and whatever else there is including myself. HTC phones have unlocked or easily broken boot loaders, which means users can flash rooms and kernels after rooting as free as they want (improving life of the phone). And HTC is good with supporting their phones with updates, unlike Samsung and their fiasco with the Fascinate.

The Droid Charge should be out any day now, and it has superior battery life and screen display (but also cheaper build quality). the LG Revolution is coming out soon. We think that the Droid Bionic will be coming out in summer, Motorola's dual core 4g phone. If you were to wait, I'd wait for the Bionic or wait for whatever Samsung Galaxy S2 phone makes it to Verizon.

mkstn

Reaction score
HTC vs MOTO

It's 4g for starters. It also has a beautiful, big screen. Many users here and elsewhere prefer HTC Sense over others like MotoBlur, Touchwiz and whatever else there is including myself. HTC phones have unlocked or easily broken boot loaders, which means users can flash rooms and kernels after rooting as free as they want (improving life of the phone). And HTC is good with supporting their phones with updates, unlike Samsung and their fiasco with the Fascinate.

The Droid Charge should be out any day now, and it has superior battery life and screen display (but also cheaper build quality). the LG Revolution is coming out soon. We think that the Droid Bionic will be coming out in summer, Motorola's dual core 4g phone. If you were to wait, I'd wait for the Bionic or wait for whatever Samsung Galaxy S2 phone makes it to Verizon.

I am holding off for as long as I can using this Eris. Samsung is not an option because I have had problems with their TVs and DVDs and just will not buy a Samsung product again. I really like the features of the AT&T Axis by Moto which I guess the Bionic will be it's twin? With the price of phones these days you really have to choose wisely. Thanks for the info.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I would NOT buy the droid charge, too much lag and its not worth 300 bucks at all. IF vzw gets the samsung galaxy 2 it could turn out to be a nice device.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have an original Droid and I'm looking to upgrade. Should I upgrade to a phone that is offered now or wait for something in the near future? What is the phone you guys like?

Please guide this grasshopper.
What others like doesn't matter. As always with these threads: what are your needs/wants?

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
I dont know exactly what you mean by the HTC way of doing things but if your referring to the home screen set up, for example, thats what home replacement apps are for. ADW Launcher and Launcher Pro being the most popular with Crazy Home looking to have a ton of potential!

What others like doesn't matter. As always with these threads: what are your needs/wants?
+1

illmatic636

Reaction score
Droid X2 is about 2 weeks away. It's the 1st Verizon Android phone running Tegra 2 dual core processor. But, It is 3G.

Who has notice a significant difference between 3G and 4G?
Besides Quad scores. Although, if you want to post one, we wont be mad at you. :)

Detonation

Reaction score
Who has notice a significant difference between 3G and 4G?
Besides Quad scores. Although, if you want to post one, we wont be mad at you. :)

3g vs 4g network connectivity has nothing to do with quadrant scores.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums