Best Phone for Page Plus?

SnoopKatt

Reaction score
Hello,
In a couple months, I am looking to buy a Droid. However, Page Plus will not let me activate 4G phones on their network (like the Charge or the Razr), so I'm limited to the original droids like the X2. As far as I can tell, it seems like the X2 is the best choice, but I just want to double check. What do you guys think? Ultimately, I just want a fast android phone that I can hook up to Wi-Fi (I honestly don't care about 3G or 4G).

Thanks for any input!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Why won't they let you activate 4g phones? Is it because of the SIM card? All 4g devices can run 3g.

But since you can't, the X2 is a solid choice. Another one to consider is the inc2, it's a very solid device as well

OP
S

SnoopKatt

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response!

Since they piggyback off of Verizon's towers, they have some restrictions on what they can activate. They can't do iPhones, Blackberries, and 4G phones. I will check out the INC2 as well, thanks!

OP
S

SnoopKatt

Reaction score
After doing some more research, I am definitely going with the Droid X2. I found one new for $285, and a two-year warranty for $52. The phone comes with a 60 day warranty by default. What is the failure rate of the phone? Would it be wise to get the warranty?

Thanks!

silver6054

Reaction score
If it matters to you, the Inc 2 will be getting ICS and the X2 almost certainly won't

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
S

SnoopKatt

Reaction score
I considered that phone, but I wanted the bigger screen and the higher resolution.

The phone came today, and so far, I am really happy with it. I haven't activated it yet (I still have some time on an old plan), but hopefully that should go smoothly. Now that I have the phone, I hope to be a little more active in the forums :)

preciousx14

Reaction score
Hello I have a question

I have been with page plus for almost a year, but I would like to have a smartphone with that company. Currently im using the LG dare, phone calls, texts, pic texts and even the internet work on that phone. (I use the 30 dollar plan.) Since you mentioned you got the droid 2x I am wondering if everything works on the phone. Are you able to surf the web and get picture messaging? Also if you had to go through a process of breaking down the technology of the phone in order to get it to work on page plus. I had to follow a tutorial online to get the internet to work on my lg dare and it took me three hours to figure it out. I just want to know over all your experience with this phone. Thanks

OP
S

SnoopKatt

Reaction score
I have been with page plus for almost a year, but I would like to have a smartphone with that company. Currently im using the LG dare, phone calls, texts, pic texts and even the internet work on that phone. (I use the 30 dollar plan.) Since you mentioned you got the droid 2x I am wondering if everything works on the phone. Are you able to surf the web and get picture messaging? Also if you had to go through a process of breaking down the technology of the phone in order to get it to work on page plus. I had to follow a tutorial online to get the internet to work on my lg dare and it took me three hours to figure it out. I just want to know over all your experience with this phone. Thanks

Yeah, everything works great out of the box! I just activated it and I haven't found a feature that doesn't work.

tboy113

Reaction score
Droid phones for Page plus verizon

Yeah, everything works great out of the box! I just activated it and I haven't found a feature that doesn't work.

yes droid x2 is awesome for page plus, reception everywhere, does everything its supposed to... The only apps that will not work are the ones linked to verizon accounts, example My verizon acount, V Navigator, but use google navigation anyway other than that everything works.. YOU CANT GO WRONG..... I had Virgin mobile htc evo 4g and lost signals and no roaming.which means just sprint network.. sprint will roam off verizon in certain areas so do the math and Page plus has some awesome price plans.....and lets be real iphone phones just started 4g networks so 3g is still very good for most people..

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yes droid x2 is awesome for page plus, reception everywhere, does everything its supposed to... The only apps that will not work are the ones linked to verizon accounts, example My verizon acount, V Navigator, but use google navigation anyway other than that everything works.. YOU CANT GO WRONG..... I had Virgin mobile htc evo 4g and lost signals and no roaming.which means just sprint network.. sprint will roam off verizon in certain areas so do the math and Page plus has some awesome price plans.....and lets be real iphone phones just started 4g networks so 3g is still very good for most people..

This thread is over a year old.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk 2