Best overclocking/undervolting app for stock kernel?

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Just wondering what peoples opinions are.

I have tried droid overclock and quickclock, both are nice and offer their own various options, but i am depressed by the lack of slots in either, and that they dont seem to overwrite the stock 300mhz value (to work with setcpu...a little more on that)

setcpu i found can be configured after you set up your slots and will work with them, but still reads the stock vsel for 300mhz and defaults to it as the lowest slot. :/

Sent from the F-Zero cockpit on my D2G

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just wondering what peoples opinions are.

I have tried droid overclock and quickclock, both are nice and offer their own various options, but i am depressed by the lack of slots in either, and that they dont seem to overwrite the stock 300mhz value (to work with setcpu...a little more on that)

setcpu i found can be configured after you set up your slots and will work with them, but still reads the stock vsel for 300mhz and defaults to it as the lowest slot. :/

As far as I know there are no undervolting apps. UV is done by kernel/rom developers. You are rooted right? I don't know alot about the D2G but it should accept the values you set

OP
kptphalkon

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Yes i am rooted. D2g is essentially the d2 with a" higher model" cpu and additional radios for gsm

The kernel accepts my vsel changes, from what both apps report.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes i am rooted. D2g is essentially the d2 with a" higher model" cpu and additional radios for gsm

The kernel accepts my vsel changes, from what both apps report.

I know what the D2G is lol, I meant development wise. This probably isn't it but try disable perflock in set cpu

pandapaul

Reaction score
Since you're on a D2G, you should probably not spend any time pining for more than four scaling slots. Our bootlocked kernels are mostly going to stay how they are. That said, you can do a lot with four scaling slots, so :)

My app QuickClock does a combination of overclocking and undervolting since it works to find your max speed while also finding your minimum voltage.