Best overclock speed with decent battery?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by BTM, Mar 14, 2010.

1. BTM

BTM New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just rooted and overclocked today. What do you guys think is the best speed while still getting decent battery life?

2. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    No straight answer. It can and will vary greatly depending on multiple factors including which ROM and kernel(s) you use. It will also depend on the settings you use in SetCPU and of course how much time you actually 'use' your phone (and of course what you are doing). The more you use the phone the more dramatic the difference will be at higher settings. Also the governor setting will make a HUGE difference for certain people (again, dependent upon use). You'll have to play around and figure what works best for your uses.

3. evolutionixmr

evolutionixmr New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i have mines set to adamZ low voltage kernel / oc at 700/250 with setcpu, im getting good battery life compare to stock.

4. STIDRIVER

STIDRIVER Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Running DroidMod 1.0 OC'd at 1Ghz... Gives me "ok" battery life which is still livable. Tried 1.2Ghz and it felt like you could actually watch the battery drain. I would say the sweet spot is somewhere in between 800Mhz-1Ghz....

Search tags for this page

recommended overclocking speeds for droid 4