BEST OEM Car audio/video head unit for Droid?

ahs4n

Reaction score
What's the best market car head unit for the droid's sake? There are a lot of head units that have a good functionality for the iphone. But, I was hoping that there might be something that I could sync the droid's screen on the screen of a video head unit. I was thinking that Google maps would be better than the any of the garmin maps navigation.

Or should I just install something like the Kenwood DNX9140 ( Kenwood - DNX9140 ) and use the in built navigation system and just use an aux in just for music and not use the droid's navigation?

Money is not an issue...I'm just looking for the best possible technological option.

docfreed

Reaction score
Pioneer Premier w/Bluetooth

I got one for $299 installed (Long Island, NY). Amazing head unit - full stereo BT Audio - works with GPS also. The equalizer and subwoofer are very good with lots of flexibility.

jdubbya

Reaction score
I dont think you'll get any integration other than usb and reading music off the card, possibly Pandora through blue tooth audio, and maybe navigation directions through the car speakers.

If anybody has, let me know.

OP
A

ahs4n

Reaction score
So, there is no possible way to integrate the cell phone screen onto a video head unit? That would be incredible if there was some possible way to have a touchscreen head unit that integrates the android operating system.

Is this all just wishful thinking on my part?

audioman42

Reaction score
All you'll be able to get is audio via Bluetooth. Save your money and just get one of those Bluetooth adapter thingies.

JRizEJ6

Reaction score
when using an auxiliary cable on my head unit (alpine 9887) i get music through my speakers as well as the turn by turn navi. i can even answer a call (have to manually answer it) and the voice goes through my speakers.

blue

Reaction score
I got one of these...

Pioneer USA - DEH-P6100BT - CD Receiver with LCD Display, USB Direct Control for iPod, and Built-In Bluetooth

I got it at best buy for under 200. it is great. I drive a jeep with a soft top, and 37" tires, and a very load exhaust. the head sets didnt work for me, i couldnt hear them they couldnt hear me. With this it came with a mic, and the voices/pandora/navi come out my speakers, and they can hear me just fine. For now that is till the top and doors come off, it may be a whole other story then.It synced my contact list too, so I dont even have to pick up the phone to call, it is listed right on my head unit.

STVA

Reaction score
Not to nitpick but I think that you may mean aftermarket rather than OEM. OEM would mean the audio system that came with a car, from the factory.

R1Lover

Reaction score
Your dreaming wanting teh screen on the head unit lol

The best you will get is as others mentioned... bluetooth audio and phone.

Chatchie

Reaction score
If the droid had Video out youd be able to run it on a monitor, but the touch screen wouldnt control the droid.

potter83

Reaction score
Hey Blue does that head unit display the track info from the droid via pandora or the mp3 player?

blue

Reaction score
Hey Blue does that head unit display the track info from the droid via pandora or the mp3 player?
Unfortunately I have not found any way to do that in Bluetooth. I wish it did. I have yet to try the front USB or the other inputs.

potter83

Reaction score
Apparently the ability to read song info is the difference between the avrcp ver1 and ver1.3, of course none of these manufacturers list what version they have in their spec page. Not a dealbreaker but sure would be cool. Thanks for the quick reply.