Best "Notes" app?

animalistic

Reaction score
Got my Droid yesterday and the first thing I noticed was that there is no stock note-taking application. Looked in the marketplace and many free options available but wanted to see what the consensus was here...

Your thoughts???

dr.droid

Reaction score
For a simple yet effective notepad, "AK Notepad" or if you want more of a task manager/to-do program "Astrid" is excellent.

m0nkee

Reaction score
I've tried a few and settled on "OI Notepad" as my favorite.

pastortommy

Reaction score
I really like these two: (1) Mobisle Notes (not misspelled) and (2) Notes (I think that's all its called). The first is really nice in spiral notpad format and lets you do "lists" as well as general note taking. The latter allows you to lock notes. So, depending on what you are looking for, these two are great...both had 4-5 stars with many reviews as well...
Tommy

arcsum68

Reaction score
Gdoc, simple and you can make it sync up with any folder in your google documents. I can create/edit on either the phone or google and then sync up.

I win. :icon_ banana:

foolie

Reaction score
I use Evernote, they just released a beta client for the droid thats usable.

AM Son

Reaction score
How well does Evernote work on the Droid? And where do we get the program/ how do we use it?

I liked it on the iPod Touch, and would love to have it Droid-ed!

lauriep

Reaction score
I am using 2 apps. ColorNote allows you to make little post its to put on your home screen! It is very cute, and useful! I also got Mobisle Notes Free. This lets you make lists with check boxes that you can check off as you get an object or accomplish a task. That item then grays out. Very handy!

thremix

Reaction score
I am using 2 apps. ColorNote allows you to make little post its to put on your home screen! It is very cute, and useful! I also got Mobisle Notes Free. This lets you make lists with check boxes that you can check off as you get an object or accomplish a task. That item then grays out. Very handy!

How do you make the littel post on the home screen?! I can't figure it out...

Xris

Reaction score
My current fav is Sticky Memo Widget Lite (tried color note, too clunky to get from home screen to where you can actually type a note)

Puts a post it note on your desktop (I use 4 wide x 2 high) that you can tap to edit.. simple, easy, quick to reference. I tried AK and some others and use astrid for to do list, but Sticky Memo is the easiest I've seen for quick notes.

lauriep

Reaction score

How do you make the littel post on the home screen?! I can't figure it out...

After you make the note and save it (by pressing the "back" arrow at bottom of phone), exit out of the app. Then long press on the home screen, press widget and then press ColorNote. The note you just typed will appear on the homescreen and you can move it where you want!