best new phone

ericlewis107

Reaction score
Both are very big phones so if you happen to drop it your screwed. Signal wise, the s3 usually holds a better 4g signal. While the nexus searches alot more often which drains battery.

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
I want something durable so I don't smash it when it drops. With my iphone I was always watching it so I didn't drop it. I don't like being tense with my phone afraid i will drop it.

huskur

Reaction score
;

Dude!!!! Shhhhhhh!! I barely walked away from buying a 32 gig pebble blue s3 the other day.... you're making it really hard!!! Lol
:D:p

Buy it!! Look.....here is the down low on how to always have what you like. OK, so you want the S3 right? Buy it! Then the next "latest and greatest razr or whatever" comes out. Sell the fairly new S3 for premium dollars and it will go towards the new one. You are recouping your $$$ on its sale. With the radio update I did with it I could not be more happier. Great phone!! And netflix and comcast programming on 4G is just like watching on a TV. This think is awesome

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
wvdroidman said:
I want something durable so I don't smash it when it drops. With my iphone I was always watching it so I didn't drop it. I don't like being tense with my phone afraid i will drop it.

So invest in a case. I suggest you get an otterbox brand case

Nexus using Droid Forums

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah that's the case I have this case has saved my phone plenty of times!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
Would verizon let me upgrade earlier if I switched to the tiered data plan? My early upgrade is november but my thunderbolt is acting up. Randomly rebooting on me.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Would verizon let me upgrade earlier if I switched to the tiered data plan? My early upgrade is november but my thunderbolt is acting up. Randomly rebooting on me.
You can try asking verizon....

Just tell them you're having issues with your phone and I'm sure they'll send you a replacement or even let you upgrade early to a tiered plan. They are planning to switch everyone at some point, sooner the better for them

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
dezymond said:
You can try asking verizon....

Just tell them you're having issues with your phone and I'm sure they'll send you a replacement or even let you upgrade early to a tiered plan. They are planning to switch everyone at some point, sooner the better for them

Yaa I agree. They might nit let you upgrade early but im sure they would replace the phone.

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
which on of the phones has better 4g radio. They are testing 4g here and it keeps going in and out. Which phone would keep 4g signal the longest?

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
wvdroidman said:
which on of the phones has better 4g radio. They are testing 4g here and it keeps going in and out. Which phone would keep 4g signal the longest?

Between which phones??

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Many agree in saying that Moto has the best radios, with HTC in a close second. Samsung has been known to use weaker radios, but the s3 is far from the expected Samsung radio from what I've heard, much improved.