Best New Feature in Froyo

KerrAvon

Reaction score
In the Sounds settings, you can now indicate that you want the phone to make a sound when the phone is locked/unlocked.

Currently the sound is just a click, much like the IPhone's sound but, it appears that after I root, I will be able to change that to a different sound just keeping the same name of the file.

Okay, not the BEST thing but something I like (albeit is really little), is the Lock sound option. Can't figure out though, how to change it. possible after I root I will be able to change it.

what is this lock sound thing u speak of? im interested.

chartle

Reaction score
So far I'm a tad underwhelmed.

There is one thing that I thought was to be in this update that I can't find. I thought I heard about complete voice command. Such as saying to your phone "text Dave whats up" maybe I'm dreaming or just thinking of a commercial for another phone.

you have to do a manual update from the Market of Voice Search

thanks it worked

djgdroid

Reaction score
There is one thing that I thought was to be in this update that I can't find. I thought I heard about complete voice command. Such as saying to your phone "text Dave whats up" maybe I'm dreaming or just thinking of a commercial for another phone.
There are several new voice commands called voice actions and they work great. This is one of my most favorite features. Here is the link to a video and the QR codes to scan onto your Dinc using the barcode scanner. Try it out you will love them.

Just speak it: introducing Voice Actions for Android - Official Google Mobile Blog

Crypt92

Reaction score
yeah i have to say the Voice Search. A good improvement of what it already is and plus fun to use.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Did anybody notice a fix with the battery bump? It hasn't been fixed for me, and I'm just wondering if it has to do with my manual updating over waiting for the OTA. Thanks in advance!

Logan176

Reaction score
I guess my favorite update is to the calendar. I use the stock widget that takes up 3 horizontal spaces on a home screen. Before the update the calendar only showed the next event if it was scheduled for today or the next day. Now it shows the next scheduled event no matter how far in advance it is.

Flashlight is cool. I was tired of the ones in the market that needed access to phone calls and contacts. It's only a flashlight!

It appears that my wifi reception is stronger. I normally don't have full reception when on my couch!

The one update that annoys me is to the stock text messaging app. It now has a toolbar that allows you to add attachments to texts. I think it's annoying because it takes up valuable screen real estate. It also does not allow you to view the last text in the conversation while typing. If anyone has a solution for this, please let me know.