Best New Feature in Froyo

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible' started by uscharalph, Sep 1, 2010.

1. uscharalph

uscharalph New Member

For me: I use a BlueAnt S4 Blutooth unit in my car in conjuction with Vlingo on my DINC. Before Froyo I had to touch the DINC's Vlingo shortcut to make handsfree calls. Now the BluAnt recongnizes DINC and Vlingo. I am totally handsfree now.
  2. posttal

posttal Member

To be honest..I dont see any that stand out.I guess it might be the 720p video.
    But I dont know if its worth the shortage of battery life that all the background apps they loaded with it cause.
  3. manilaboy1vic

manilaboy1vic New Member

720p is my fav. upgrade..
  4. RyanPm40

RyanPm40 Member

I thought background apps do not short battery life? I haven't noticed that the battery's gotten any worse since the upgrade. I havent noticed improvement, either, but oh well!

I went from having my brightness to a sliver on the scale to just automatic brightness, and my phone makes it through the day, though!
  5. posttal

posttal Member

Well all I can tell you is that MY battery life went down.And in doing internet searches I see its a common complaint since 2.2 went out.And I also see a lot of apps running that never ran before.I cant say how much they contribute to the battery life but I know theres more running and I know my battery life is down.I can wake up in the morning after having it plugged in all night and when i get to work an hour-hour and a half later I'm down to 91%..and I haven't none anything with it yet.If you do a search on froyo 2.2 battery life issues..you'll see theres a ton of them..I have no idea why.My work around is to hold the power button and when the shut down screen appears I turn off the 3g network so nothing connects without my knowledge.
  6. MysticalDreams

MysticalDreams Member

IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
    Best thing for me.... nothing!! What came of it for me... anytime I plug my phone into my computer (regardless if it is for charge only or mounting doesn't matter) my computer crashes with in seconds. I had 3 lovely hours on the phone with tech support. my second call to the was with a guy who thought I was trying to fix my garbage disposal (not really but that is how clueless he was) and the bottom-line result... they think my phone was defective before the update, even tho it worked great, so now I have to either get a replacement either at a store or mailed to me and spend more time personalizing it and downloading all my apps again...

I am so glad I waited for 2.2 it has been a dream!! errrr a 24 hour nightmare!
  7. KerrAvon

KerrAvon New Member

Okay, not the BEST thing but something I like (albeit is really little), is the Lock sound option. Can't figure out though, how to change it. possible after I root I will be able to change it.
  8. H3Dude

H3Dude New Member

Thanks for saying this, i did not even know it existed!
  9. RyanPm40

RyanPm40 Member

Hmm, other than having a lot of background apps, I am not having any of these issues you guys are having. As for battery, get Juice Defender. It seems to help me, my battery is the same as it always has been
  10. JayCizzo

JayCizzo New Member

How about all the folks with problems start a thread in the correct forum instead of cluttering this thread with complaints and whining?

My favorite new feature is Flash. Granted I don't use it a lot but it's nice to know if I'm browsing Yahoo and there's a video I want to see, I can see it. I also use the flashlight quite a bit.
  11. RyanPm40

RyanPm40 Member

That, and specify the thread title with your issue(s). I'm tired of seeing "2.2 HELP!" and stuff like this allover the forums. You have no idea what thread is which!
  12. dwagner88

dwagner88 New Member

Flashlight. Without question. It's probably the single most useful app on my Droid, and now my GF finally has it too.
  13. that_1_guy

that_1_guy New Member

what is this lock sound thing u speak of? im interested.
  14. chartle

chartle New Member

So far I'm a tad underwhelmed.

Though in reading what froyo was supposed to add it seems like the incredible already had some of the features like 5 home screens.

I am seeing a faster droid. Not sure about the battery issue since I moved to Verizon's extended battery and I am so anal about my phone dieing I plug it in every chance I get. I even sometimes carry a charger with me. :icon_eek:

I think its better, at 11:15 after taking off charge at 7:00 am i'm at 73% with more usage than normal. Old battery and old OS I was at 78% after 15 minutes browsing right off the charger and at 100%.

Maybe at least for me did they fix the "Battery Bump"?

There is one thing that I thought was to be in this update that I can't find. I thought I heard about complete voice command. Such as saying to your phone "text Dave whats up" maybe I'm dreaming or just thinking of a commercial for another phone.

oh yea love the flashlight
  15. H3Dude

H3Dude New Member

you have to do a manual update from the Market of Voice Search
  16. KerrAvon

KerrAvon New Member

In the Sounds settings, you can now indicate that you want the phone to make a sound when the phone is locked/unlocked.

Currently the sound is just a click, much like the IPhone's sound but, it appears that after I root, I will be able to change that to a different sound just keeping the same name of the file.

17. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

18. chartle

chartle New Member

thanks it worked
  19. djgdroid

djgdroid New Member

There are several new voice commands called voice actions and they work great. This is one of my most favorite features. Here is the link to a video and the QR codes to scan onto your Dinc using the barcode scanner. Try it out you will love them.

Just speak it: introducing Voice Actions for Android - Official Google Mobile Blog
  20. Crypt92

Crypt92 New Member

yeah i have to say the Voice Search. A good improvement of what it already is and plus fun to use.