Best Music Player??

Phreaker47

Reaction score
MixZing (with EQ) came closest to convincing me to switch from the stock app.

Believe it or not I still prefer the stock app... I just wish it had the EQ. I don't need album art downloading, scrobbling, etc. I just want to browse artist>album or playlist, have a random button too, display album art in portrait and landscape, and a EQ. The stock app is perfect for me EXCEPT for no EQ.

Somewhat helping that is the fact that my new S9HD headphones have that "HD" mode that adds a bit of thump to the music. All I really want is that typical "Rock" type preset... the one that looks like a smile, more or less.

misterSelf

Reaction score
What happened to bTunes? Did the developer abandon the app? It used to be the best until the developer, well, stopped developing. I currently used 3. It's actually quite functional, while being stylish.

rickster53

Reaction score
I'm looking for a music player that supports multiple formats (mp3, flac, wma, etc.). Do any of these players do that or can you suggest some?

Meridian Media Player and andLess (not a typo, that's the name) both play FLAC, though neither were stable in my experience.

Thanks for the suggestions DreamOperator. Can anyone else suggest a multi-format music player?

raceMpower95

Reaction score
Hopefully those of you who have tried these various players can help me out with something. I am looking for a music player that has a "play all" function. I now use my Droid as my primary MP3 player, and one thing I definitely miss coming from an iPod is the ability to play all the songs from a particular artist, even if they are in different albums. The factory music player on the Droid has been great for me in every aspect except this one. It forces you to listen to one album at a time, and with a lot of artists, I pick and choose songs from different albums that I like. I dont want to have to change to a new album after 2 songs...

Any thoughts?

drkow19

Reaction score
Hopefully those of you who have tried these various players can help me out with something. I am looking for a music player that has a "play all" function. I now use my Droid as my primary MP3 player, and one thing I definitely miss coming from an iPod is the ability to play all the songs from a particular artist, even if they are in different albums. The factory music player on the Droid has been great for me in every aspect except this one. It forces you to listen to one album at a time, and with a lot of artists, I pick and choose songs from different albums that I like. I dont want to have to change to a new album after 2 songs...

Any thoughts?

I've used Meridian exclusively ever since my old phone's rom makers started including it in the roms. Now I download it, but it works even better thanks to the speed of the Droid. From the main library page, you can choose Artist, Album, Genre, All Songs, Playlist, or Writer (?) so you would just select all songs, then click on one to start the playlist off, then of course click shuffle on the player page. I do that all the time.

waylman

Reaction score

Any thoughts?

MixZing. Long press the artist and select "play"

drkow19

Reaction score

Any thoughts?

MixZing. Long press the artist and select "play"

I misread your question. But still Meridian will work. When you choose an artist you are given a list of all the albums + an all songs option for that artist.

dpaine88

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up on MixZing, this player is awesome!

OP
M

mls21

Reaction score

Any thoughts?

The stock app will do this. I think if you long press...

Anywho, thanks for some of the input. I tried a bunch of these, but I think I'm going to stick with bTunes. Like I said in the beginning, I was looking for something fast, easy, intuitive, and didn't really care about any crazy features.

3 looks really, really cool. But to me, it's completely impractical. I listen to music mostly when I'm driving. Searching through the cube is just too slow.

Mixzing is nice, but the one thing I didn't like (and in fact one of my biggest issues with the stock) was that when I click on an artist it opens it in a sort of "windows explorer" view. I don't know why, this just annoyed me. I prefer the look of bTunes here, when I click on an artist it then only shows that artists albums - sort of opening a new window.

And I've heard rumors of bTunes not being supported anymore, and I think I read somewhere the developer has said he plans to get back to it soon. But as it is right now, I like it. I don't like how it takes a while to load when I first open it (normally 10-15 seconds or so). But beyond that, I think it's a good, simple music player.

richpjr

Reaction score
Mixzing is nice, but the one thing I didn't like (and in fact one of my biggest issues with the stock) was that when I click on an artist it opens it in a sort of "windows explorer" view. I don't know why, this just annoyed me. I prefer the look of bTunes here, when I click on an artist it then only shows that artists albums - sort of opening a new window.

I am confused on what you are saying. I have MixZing and when I click on an artist, it opens up a new window with each album and an option to play all songs by the artist. Which explorer view are you talking about? When you select an individual album?

OP
M

mls21

Reaction score

I am confused on what you are saying. I have MixZing and when I click on an artist, it opens up a new window with each album and an option to play all songs by the artist. Which explorer view are you talking about? When you select an individual album?

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought Mixzing looked like the stock app, where when you select an artist it expands showing the albums, but continues to show other artists as well. It's been a little while since I used Mixzing, but I'll give it another look...

richpjr

Reaction score
No, it shows only the albums for that artist. Might be worth checking out the free version again.