best music player app

monkeymynd

Reaction score
I've been using TuneWiki, and I like it a lot. The only problem that I am having is that it does not, correctly, list Albums if there are various artists listed. For instance, I have a CD with various artists. The name of the CD is the same in all of the tags, but the artist is different. So, when I bring up Albums in TuneWiki, I get the same album listed numerous times, grouped by the artist.

Is this a tag issue or a TuneWiki issue? I've played around with changing the tags, but nothing seems to work short of my changing the artist field to 'VA' across the board. This won't work for me...I like to know who the actual artist is.

Any suggestions?

Sleeve

Reaction score
Has anyone messed with aPod much yet? On the surface, it looks like a skin that clones the 4G Nano UI and wheel. Does it have any actual meat under the wrapper? It seems to be flying up the Andro popularity list suspiciously fast enough that it might have some merit.

LakeMountD

Reaction score
I have a few questions that I am hoping someone else may either know or have figured out. I recently uploaded a gig worth of classical music that I use for studying and relaxing. Problem is it made it near impossible to find my other music. I downloaded MixZing as I think I like it better than TuneWiki and I like that it has genres. The problem is for whatever reason it created 6 different classical genres. Is there any way to edit the genres or combine them?

monkeymynd

Reaction score
I have a few questions that I am hoping someone else may either know or have figured out. I recently uploaded a gig worth of classical music that I use for studying and relaxing. Problem is it made it near impossible to find my other music. I downloaded MixZing as I think I like it better than TuneWiki and I like that it has genres. The problem is for whatever reason it created 6 different classical genres. Is there any way to edit the genres or combine them?

Yeah, download an mp3 tag editor and change the genres to what you want them to be. It's based on the value set in the tags for each mp3. I downloaded an app called iTag. Good tag editor, but does not have the option to edit 'genre'. I'd suggest getting mp3tag online for your desktop, hook up your phone via USB and browse to the directory and do batch changes...much faster :)

hth

MnemonicMonkey

Reaction score
I did find a player called "Audio Player WithEQ." The player is basic but functional. The EQ on the free version just has presets. The Platinum version has a graphic EQ.

When I tried using "Bass 2" or "Bass 3" it clipped terribly even at low volume, so it still needs some work.

jasonb

Reaction score
Been using mixzing. Its been working well so far.

hubdroid

Reaction score
just sync the Droid to iTunes. Try here.
why not use Motorola Media Link to synch itunes...I didn't set up any folders...It just put the songs right onto the droid where they would be downloaded over the air..

tford0310

Reaction score
Is there a way to edit the artist/title names of songs in Tunewiki or any other music player? Some songs I get from iMusic are tagged incorrectly; I can edit the tags in iMusic itself but it doesn't convert over to the music players...

Am I missing something?

eagles51593

Reaction score
I cant seem to find a way to create a brand new playlist in any of these apps. Is there a way to do this that I'm just not finding? Or is there another music app that allows you to create playlists?

griz8791

Reaction score
I cant seem to find a way to create a brand new playlist in any of these apps. Is there a way to do this that I'm just not finding? Or is there another music app that allows you to create playlists?

Eagles, I know you can create a playlist on the Droid with the built-in music app. Haven't tried it yet with Meridian, which is what I'm pretty sure I'm going to replace the built-in app with.

In the stock music app, get to a list of individual tracks. You can do this either with library > songs or library > albums > [click on name of album]. When you get to the list of tracks, LONG PRESS on the track you want to add to your playlist. Choose "add to playlist," at which point you can either add it to an existing playlist on the Droid or create a new playlist which you would then name and save.

Upon further review it looks like it works this way in Meridian too. I still don't know about Mixzing or any of the others.

griz8791

Reaction score
Meridian updated last night. Now when I click on genre I get a list of albums rather than a list of individual tracks. This is the way it works on most other media players.

Other cool features I've found since installing it a couple days ago:

*any list of tracks shows the star rating and the file format of the track.
*if the track is an mp3, you can do basic editing of at least the most important ID3 tags (this doesn't work for .wma files and I don't know what other formats it might work on. I only have mp3s and wmas.).

eagles51593

Reaction score

Eagles, I know you can create a playlist on the Droid with the built-in music app. Haven't tried it yet with Meridian, which is what I'm pretty sure I'm going to replace the built-in app with.

In the stock music app, get to a list of individual tracks. You can do this either with library > songs or library > albums > [click on name of album]. When you get to the list of tracks, LONG PRESS on the track you want to add to your playlist. Choose "add to playlist," at which point you can either add it to an existing playlist on the Droid or create a new playlist which you would then name and save.

Upon further review it looks like it works this way in Meridian too. I still don't know about Mixzing or any of the others.

Thank you!! This helps so much :icon_ banana: