best music player app

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by jasondeg, Dec 22, 2009.

1. jasondeg

jasondeg New Member

Just wondering what you guys suggests as the best music player app. Preferably something that will sort by genre from music I put on from itunes. Thanks for any help!!
  2. shugknight

shugknight New Member

I would go with TuneWiki. It has a decent widget, and the actual app has the actual lyrics for the song.

Another one is Mixxzing. I had that for a while, which was nice.. but then I found out about Tunewiki. so far I've stuck with TW.
  3. PersianDiversion

PersianDiversion New Member

I'm curious about this also. I've found the default player unsatisfying. Is there something that will do both video and music well?
  4. CDB

CDB New Member

MixZing Lite will.
  5. dberthia

dberthia New Member

I use MixZing lite, but will quickly switch to whatever player can implement an equalizer. It's amazing in this day and age you can't get an Android music player with an equalizer.
  6. sir2545

sir2545 New Member

I hate this, and I'm surprised that noone has addressed this yet..its what I've been waiting for since I got my Droid

7. Lynx

Lynx New Member

Audio player w/ EQ is one that has an equalizer BUT the free one is awful, and the platinum one is 30 bucks :/
  8. jasondeg

jasondeg New Member

Thanks guys the Missing lite works great
  9. SarahP

SarahP New Member

mixzing lite agreed
  10. vinnard

vinnard New Member

11. dism

dism New Member

meridian player is cool too
  12. griz8791

griz8791 New Member

Whoa, I knew something like this was either already available or would be soon.

In 30 seconds I see a lot to like that got left out of the stock player:

* Displays genres
    * Displays star ratings and lets you change them on the fly.

Unfortunately, every track I have on the phone now seems to have a 3-star rating. Either this app doesn't correctly read the ratings in the metadata or all the ratings got re-written when I imported the tracks onto the phone.:mad:
  13. EvilDragonX

EvilDragonX New Member

I have a question I have the mixzing app and I was teying to use the standard plyer. My issue is that my music is arrange by alphabet and not by track number. I can't figure out how to get it switched can anyone help?
  14. dism

dism New Member

Yeah man I had three star ratings on everything too. Other than that I'm really liking the app
  15. rjax

rjax New Member

As far as I understand star ratings (in iTunes, or wherever), the star ratings aren't metadata in each individual music file, but are kept in an application-specific database. So, until/unless Meridian can read the iTunes.db file (or whatever), the star ratings won't directly transfer over... which is too bad, I agree.

So given that constraint, I like that Meridian starts everything at 3 stars by default, since that's probably my most-frequently used rating... saves me a lot of 3-star clicking.
  16. monkeymynd

monkeymynd New Member

I've been using TuneWiki, and I like it a lot. The only problem that I am having is that it does not, correctly, list Albums if there are various artists listed. For instance, I have a CD with various artists. The name of the CD is the same in all of the tags, but the artist is different. So, when I bring up Albums in TuneWiki, I get the same album listed numerous times, grouped by the artist.

Is this a tag issue or a TuneWiki issue? I've played around with changing the tags, but nothing seems to work short of my changing the artist field to 'VA' across the board. This won't work for me...I like to know who the actual artist is.

Any suggestions?
  17. Sleeve

Sleeve New Member

Has anyone messed with aPod much yet? On the surface, it looks like a skin that clones the 4G Nano UI and wheel. Does it have any actual meat under the wrapper? It seems to be flying up the Andro popularity list suspiciously fast enough that it might have some merit.
  18. LakeMountD

LakeMountD New Member

I have a few questions that I am hoping someone else may either know or have figured out. I recently uploaded a gig worth of classical music that I use for studying and relaxing. Problem is it made it near impossible to find my other music. I downloaded MixZing as I think I like it better than TuneWiki and I like that it has genres. The problem is for whatever reason it created 6 different classical genres. Is there any way to edit the genres or combine them?
  19. monkeymynd

monkeymynd New Member

Yeah, download an mp3 tag editor and change the genres to what you want them to be. It's based on the value set in the tags for each mp3. I downloaded an app called iTag. Good tag editor, but does not have the option to edit 'genre'. I'd suggest getting mp3tag online for your desktop, hook up your phone via USB and browse to the directory and do batch changes...much faster :)

hth
  20. MnemonicMonkey

MnemonicMonkey New Member

I did find a player called "Audio Player WithEQ." The player is basic but functional. The EQ on the free version just has presets. The Platinum version has a graphic EQ.

When I tried using "Bass 2" or "Bass 3" it clipped terribly even at low volume, so it still needs some work.
Search tags for this page
best app for music on droid
best app to play music on droid
best apps for droid music
best droid free app music
best free droid music-player
best music apps for droid

best music player for droid

droid 3 default music application
droid forum what is the best music appl for android
droid music apps

droid music player