best music player app

jasondeg

Reaction score
Just wondering what you guys suggests as the best music player app. Preferably something that will sort by genre from music I put on from itunes. Thanks for any help!!

shugknight

Reaction score
I would go with TuneWiki. It has a decent widget, and the actual app has the actual lyrics for the song.

Another one is Mixxzing. I had that for a while, which was nice.. but then I found out about Tunewiki. so far I've stuck with TW.

PersianDiversion

Reaction score
I'm curious about this also. I've found the default player unsatisfying. Is there something that will do both video and music well?

dberthia

Reaction score
I use MixZing lite, but will quickly switch to whatever player can implement an equalizer. It's amazing in this day and age you can't get an Android music player with an equalizer.

sir2545

Reaction score
I hate this, and I'm surprised that noone has addressed this yet..its what I've been waiting for since I got my Droid

I use MixZing lite, but will quickly switch to whatever player can implement an equalizer. It's amazing in this day and age you can't get an Android music player with an equalizer.

Lynx

Reaction score

Audio player w/ EQ is one that has an equalizer BUT the free one is awful, and the platinum one is 30 bucks :/

griz8791

Reaction score
meridian player is cool too

Whoa, I knew something like this was either already available or would be soon.

In 30 seconds I see a lot to like that got left out of the stock player:

* Displays genres
* Displays star ratings and lets you change them on the fly.

Unfortunately, every track I have on the phone now seems to have a 3-star rating. Either this app doesn't correctly read the ratings in the metadata or all the ratings got re-written when I imported the tracks onto the phone.:mad:

EvilDragonX

Reaction score
I have a question I have the mixzing app and I was teying to use the standard plyer. My issue is that my music is arrange by alphabet and not by track number. I can't figure out how to get it switched can anyone help?

dism

Reaction score
meridian player is cool too

Whoa, I knew something like this was either already available or would be soon.

In 30 seconds I see a lot to like that got left out of the stock player:

* Displays genres
* Displays star ratings and lets you change them on the fly.

Unfortunately, every track I have on the phone now seems to have a 3-star rating. Either this app doesn't correctly read the ratings in the metadata or all the ratings got re-written when I imported the tracks onto the phone.:mad:

Yeah man I had three star ratings on everything too. Other than that I'm really liking the app

rjax

Reaction score
As far as I understand star ratings (in iTunes, or wherever), the star ratings aren't metadata in each individual music file, but are kept in an application-specific database. So, until/unless Meridian can read the iTunes.db file (or whatever), the star ratings won't directly transfer over... which is too bad, I agree.

So given that constraint, I like that Meridian starts everything at 3 stars by default, since that's probably my most-frequently used rating... saves me a lot of 3-star clicking.