Best Music App

droidlady05

Reaction score
PowerAmp. Its the best featured music app.

Captain, I'm testing Power Amp out. I like it because you can create playlists within the app, but I can't access the two I created. Can you help? How do you access playlists you created in the app. I've looked at all of the documentation etc. Emailed the developer and he had not responded yet. Please help! Other than that I love it!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

gatewayad

Reaction score
Have you guys tried 3 by filipe abrantes. The only reason I mention the devs name is i dont think you can just search 3

kodiakmax

Reaction score
winamp recently released their app, I'm liking it so far. Very clean design

mikehal38

Reaction score
Are there any music apps that let you skip songs with the volume buttons?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Phreaker47

Reaction score
PowerAmp, hands down, period.

Why? Fully working fully functional EQ. Also, it saves custom EQs and has a profile option to automatically switch to a specified preset based on hardware connect, bluetooth connect, etc. This is key: I use my Droid both on my car stereo and bluetooth headphones. On the BT headphones, I need a bit more preamp to get the volume up. On the car stereo (using headphone connection), I need less preamp and a bit less bass (stereo already boosts bass enough). So with profiles and custom EQs set, this changes automatically when I switch between the two! Just awesome.

Also PowerAmp supports FLAC and other file types... but also supports the normal "library" mode. For playlists, I just drop m3u files into the main music folder, and Poweramp picks those up.

It also has a nice interface, and more stuff I'm not even mentioning. I haven't tried Winamp, but I can't imagine how it could possibly be better.

Phreaker47

Reaction score

Not aware of that, but if you use a Simply Stunning rom (there's one for Droid X), that feature is built in.

Droidfish

Reaction score
I use poweramp mainly for the equalizer. I play my phones music through my cars stereo via bluetooth and without poweramps eq it sounds awful.

mikehal38

Reaction score

Not aware of that, but if you use a Simply Stunning rom (there's one for Droid X), that feature is built in.

How did I miss the fact that simply stunning is on the x? I really liked it on my droid. I may have to give it a try.

LocoRon

Reaction score
Have you guys tried 3 by filipe abrantes. The only reason I mention the devs name is i dont think you can just search 3

Yeah, the cubed music player was the first one I installed, and kept it for awhile. I really, really, really love the cube idea, and changing songs was so much fun.

I ended up switching to PowerAmp though, which really is a more usable app.

The equalizer and expanded format compatibility is great, but what I consider to be it's true killer feature, is being able to delete songs, in app. <3

droidlady05

Reaction score
PowerAmp. Its the best featured music app.

Captain, I'm testing Power Amp out. I like it because you can create playlists within the app, but I can't access the two I created. Can you help? How do you access playlists you created in the app. I've looked at all of the documentation etc. Emailed the developer and he had not responded yet. Please help! Other than that I love it!

The developer followed up with a detailed answer and directions, do now that I know what I'm doing. PowerAmp FTW! Great player and support. I guess your play list gets buried in the folders, but once you know where they're at.

For those that don't want to pay $4.99, I recommend "3" aka cubed. It's free, it's light, has a nice ui, and it has a equalizer if your on Gingerbread.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App