Best low fat calorie Ice cream

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
One of the things that has helped me with my weight loss goals was finding healthy alternatives. If your cheat meals are not as high in the calories, it benefits you in the long run. This is something I picked up from @94lt1 during our friendly motivation thread.

For those on that journey check out these from your local grocery stores:

maxresdefault.jpg
1) Archer Farms (Target's brand): This is the champion for a number of reasons. Starting with the fact there isn't a flavor that I would classify as bad. If chocolate is your kryptonite, then set aside 400 calories for this one. Chocolate pecan pie, chocolate peanut butter, mini doughnut, you actually feel like you earned this cheat meal. Because it is hard to believe the calories are this low. Now of the options I am about to post, this one leans toward the higher end of the calorie spectrum. 400 calories will need to be set aside to enjoy this one but it is worth it. Unfortunately you will only be able to get this brand at your local Target. And if your nearest Target is a drive, it is not going to be worth it for that.

Breyers-Delights-Ice-Cream.jpg
2) Breyers Delight. If it was not for Archer Farms this would be my number 1. This is actually my goto as the calories hover around the 300 range. This is some good ice cream to be low calorie. And you will find this brand at Publix and some of your other stores. So grab a pint and leave the guilt behind.

Halo-Top-10-New-Flavors-feature_343588.jpg
3) This is the brand that started it all for me. The first time I heard about Halo top it was too good to be true. A pint of ice cream that was under 300 calories, no way. But I gave it a try and it made me a believer. The gold top became my weekly goto and I recommended it to everyone. Halo top do feel more like a low fat ice cream than the rest, as the taste may send people away. But it is one of the brands that started it all. And now, almost every brand has a low fat/low calorie version.

menu_ice_cream_cup.jpg

Honorable mention: Small ice dream (what chic-fil-a call ice cream) in a cup. They will serve this up in one of those small black bowls. At 170 calories, this is the better tasting of all the bunch. It's low fat, low calorie, and a great treat to enjoy. It just come in vanilla.

So what brands of low calorie/low fat ice cream tops your list?

Last edited:
Reaction score
One of the things that has helped me with my weight loss goals was finding healthy alternatives. If your cheat meals are not as high in the calories, it benefits you in the long run. This is something I picked up from @94lt1 during our friendly motivation thread.

For those on that journey check out these from your local grocery stores:

maxresdefault.jpg
1) Archer Farms (Target's brand): This is the champion for a number of reasons. Starting with the fact there isn't a flavor that I would classify as bad. If chocolate is your kryptonite, then set aside 400 calories for this one. Chocolate pecan pie, chocolate peanut butter, mini doughnut, you actually feel like you earned this cheat meal. Because it is hard to believe the calories are this low. Now of the options I am about to post, this one leans toward the higher end of the calorie spectrum. 400 calories will need to be set aside to enjoy this one but it is worth it. Unfortunately you will only be able to get this brand at your local Target. And if your nearest Target is a drive, it is not going to be worth it for that.

Breyers-Delights-Ice-Cream.jpg
2) Breyers Delight. If it was not for Archer Farms this would be my number 1. This is actually my goto as the calories hover around the 300 range. This is some good ice cream to be low calorie. And you will find this brand at Publix and some of your other stores. So grab a pint and leave the guilt behind.

Halo-Top-10-New-Flavors-feature_343588.jpg
3) This is the brand that started it all for me. The first time I heard about Halo top it was too good to be true. A pint of ice cream that was under 300 calories, no way. But I gave it a try and it made me a believer. The gold top became my weekly goto and I recommended it to everyone. Halo top do feel more like a low fat ice cream than the rest, as the taste may send people away. But it is one of the brands that started it all. And now, almost every brand has a low fat/low calorie version.

menu_ice_cream_cup.jpg

Honorable mention: Small ice dream (what chic-fil-a call ice cream) in a cup. They will serve this up in one of those small black bowls. At 170 calories, this is the better tasting of all the bunch. It's low fat, low calorie, and a great treat to enjoy. It just come in vanilla.

So what brands of low calorie/low fat ice cream tops your list?

Halo Top all the way! It’s so good!