Best Keyboard?

bullswife98

Reaction score
Thumb keyboard for me. You can customize it, size,style &change the size of the keys. Oh forgot to say its free to.

Sent from my Droid Razr to your eyes! :)

stang64

Reaction score
SwiftKey X user here also. Best keyboard I've used so far. Predictions get better the more you use it. It does an awesome job at "learning" the words I type.

Sent from a Rezound

OP
L

loki993

Reaction score
Ok so is there any way to control the size of the Swiftkey keyboard? Because right now its annoyingly small.

Also how long does the trial last?

OP
L

loki993

Reaction score
Ok tried the swiftkey one thing I actually hate is autocorrect and on top of it I tried typing something and it continued to autocorrect it even though that wasn't what I wanted to use and needless to say it got turned off.

Last edited:

Bpowder33

Reaction score
the trick with SwiftKey, at least for me, is to never use the space key. I always select the word I want from the predictions. so instead of going down with your thumb to the space key go up and select a word from the predictions. you'll soon find that you only need to type a couple letters and the word you want appears quickly.

Sent from my HTC Rezound

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
slideit keyboard, similar to swipe but with themes, it runs great on my droid 1, not tons of settings though :dry:
if you want custom skins (themes) then i'd say go keyboard is your best bet
for simple regular typing without any themes then its ics keyboard all the way

bb_or_droid

Reaction score
+1 for Swiftkey. I tried it for free and when the trial was over I was happy to pay for it.

For those who have issues with it inserting what you don't want, use the settings in keyboards and change the result of space bar. The default is to choose what is predicted, but you can change that to space. The trick with swiftkey is to use the words it predicts. Also, it learns really fast. If you are like me and tend to use the same phrases, it rocks. i can sometimes type entire sentences with just the space bar.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Right now I'm giving Ultra another chance. I make my own themes and keyboard learns predictions as you use it, like Swiftkey .
It was awesome and then a couple of updates ago it went really whacky. I was so frustrated with it I haven't used it in a long time but it seems to have been fixed.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post

Bpowder33

Reaction score
you can resize the keyboard. it's in settings

Sent from my HTC Rezound

ErcDaMerc

Reaction score
I really like messagease. It's completey different because they addressed two big issues. 1)regular on screen keyboards are way too small. 2) The QWERTY arrangement was created by typewritter manufacturers to prevent jamming by finding the arrangement that would make typing the slowest. It's about time someone replaced it.

Messagease has a unique arrangement of keys that are much larger than stock keyboard and uses swipe movements for some charamhters. They also have a game on the market to make learning the new set up pretty easy. I type much faster with this than the stock keyboard or even the pull out keyboard on my old og droid. It can be resized and you can set the colors.

Sent from my HTC Rezound.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I really like messagease. It's completey different because they addressed two big issues. 1)regular on screen keyboards are way too small. 2) The QWERTY arrangement was created by typewritter manufacturers to prevent jamming by finding the arrangement that would make typing the slowest. It's about time someone replaced it.

Messagease has a unique arrangement of keys that are much larger than stock keyboard and uses swipe movements for some charamhters. They also have a game on the market to make learning the new set up pretty easy. I type much faster with this than the stock keyboard or even the pull out keyboard on my old og droid. It can be resized and you can set the colors.

Sent from my HTC Rezound.

Sounds interesting but the reason everyone uses QWERTY is because it's ~universally known. Imitating QWERTY means less confusion and time wasted hunting for keys. Plus going between a non-QWERTY mobile and full QWERTY desktop/laptop keyboard must be maddening.