Best Keyboard?

loki993

Reaction score
So Im looking to try a different keyboard for my Rezoud. I was thinking Swype but I installed it and it was absolutely tiny, like tiny like it was on my D2 so I got rid of that. Anyone else have any other ideas to try?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of the ICS keyboard for one reason... It recognizes when I meant to hit space and hit 'b' or 'n' by mistake - and I tend to do that often... that puts it above others in my mind. HTC's keyboard is nice as well, but doesn't recognize that. I'm a swype fan as well, but have become faster at real typing.

Also, the ICS keyboard on the market is pretty customizable - size, how aggressive it auto corrects, etc.

Never used swiftkey myself...

---
Rezounded from my .... Rezound.

gmorgan056

Reaction score
^I think both of those are good keyboards. The ICS is very intuitive and Swiftkey is well Swiftkey, it's always been great.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I was a Swype user for almost 2 years, just became so natural. Used the Swiftkey demo for a bit on my Bionic, and thought it was awesome, but I was so used to Swype. However, the new Swype 3.0 Beta sucks on the Rezound. Was great on my Bionic, but for some reason, half the time I try going from one end of the keyboard to the other it'll cut off half way through and form two or three words instead. I honestly think it has something to do with the glass, or the anti scratch coating on it, hard to say. I tried to master it, but it wasn't happening, so I got fed up with it. Purchased SwiftKey for more or less this exact reason in December for .10 cents. So reliable, and mind boggling accurate. I can type almost entire texts only hitting the first letter or two of every word, very impressive. I will catch myself Swyping occasionally out of habit, but then I reminisce on the experience and decide it's time to move on. Maybe I'll go back some day, the voice to text recognition for Swype is unrivaled IMO, but Swype itself just wasn't compatible with the Rezound (like so many other things). And the Rezounds built in "slide" or whatever it's called feels too generic for me. Yellow isn't a big color of mine either.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of the ICS keyboard for one reason... It recognizes when I meant to hit space and hit 'b' or 'n' by mistake - and I tend to do that often... that puts it above others in my mind. HTC's keyboard is nice as well, but doesn't recognize that. I'm a swype fan as well, but have become faster at real typing.

Also, the ICS keyboard on the market is pretty customizable - size, how aggressive it auto corrects, etc.

Never used swiftkey myself...

---
Rezounded from my .... Rezound.

I agree 100%. ICS keyboard is great...especially if you're on ICS. It also doesn't take up 90% of the screen like the default HTC keyboard.

sawilhelm

Reaction score
However, the new Swype 3.0 Beta sucks on the Rezound. Was great on my Bionic, but for some reason, half the time I try going from one end of the keyboard to the other it'll cut off half way through and form two or three words instead. I honestly think it has something to do with the glass, or the anti scratch coating on it, hard to say.

Ahhhh, I've been having the same problem too and it's driving me crazy! I thought maybe it was my screen protector. I guess I'll give SwiftKey a try. I've heard nothing but good things.

OP
L

loki993

Reaction score
I've tried them both and they're tiny! what do I want a keyboard thats smaller then the one Im currently using. Is there anything thats as big as the HTC one?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've tried them both and they're tiny! what do I want a keyboard thats smaller then the one Im currently using. Is there anything thats as big as the HTC one?

you can customize the height of the ICS keyboard off the market... maybe that's only available in the "full" version, though, which is what I have

Snoking

Reaction score
I like Smart Keyboard Pro and the cursor keys in horizontal mode.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Godly 1

Reaction score
Swype for this Dinc 2!
(Free Beta!)
*blush*
I should have read the string of posts first...
My bad...

Last edited: