Best Instant Messenger?

Seano

Reaction score
there is now an official aim app. i just downloaded it today and so far its very good.

pax

Reaction score
Ok so maybe I am a little dumb here, but will ask the questions anyway.

I had tried both ebuddy and meebo and didn't really like either one. I may have not had it set up correctly or something?? But the thing is I have people on MSN and Yahoo messenger. i want to be able to chat with everyone on one messenger app. Which is the best to use?

Pidge

Reaction score
I tried Meebo but couldn't get it to exit/close. LOL

altjx

Reaction score
I tried Meebo but couldn't get it to exit/close. LOL

only way to close meebo is to close from settings > applications > running applications or you have to go to the buddylist, hit menu, and click "Sign off all." once it signs off, u can press home and i'll close. it does suck that they don't make it obvious though

NewDroidOrder

Reaction score
For me Meebo kept on signing me out/disconnecting for no reason and not telling me. so i made the switch to eBuddy and havent looked back. maybe they fixed the problem, i just might have to give it another shot.

pax

Reaction score
msn talk

MSN talk does work really well, but I really wish they would make it to where if someone is offline that you can still send them a message.

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
so i just downloaded the Meebo app, and when i try to send a message to somebody, it tells me that my chat status on facebook.com needs to be set to "online" . I dont get that. Do i have to be logged on to my facebook account on the computer and then i can use the chat on meebo? if that is the case, that seems really stupid. can somebody please help me out???

meredithjj

Reaction score
I use Meebo also. I had a couple of problems with it but once I uninstalled it and re-installed it, it's worked fine for me. Hopefully that changes.

Also, the thing about facebook status needing to be online is only for the first time you use the app. You don't always have to be on your comp and phone at the same time.

Jonpwn

Reaction score
Need a good instant messenging application

I used to have hello IM on my unrooted droid, but ever since 2.2 installed on my phone today i could not log in.
i get this error message:
"sign in failed due to network problems. please try again later, (SSL handshake failure: I/O error during system call, Broken pipe)

that said, does anybody know of any good AIM applications that allow me to stay signed on? to me, staying signed on is perhaps the most important and essential function of any messenger app to me.

thanks in advance!

aliceyang

Reaction score
Best Instant Messenger--123webmessenger

Why not just use 123webmessenger? It's worked good for me...
it adds a bottom web toolbar on your browser with friend list button, similar to the facebook messenger and it can be embeded in any web-page on your site. what's more, users could invite each other to one on one video chat.

AquaDan88

Reaction score
Seems like everyone is pushing towards Meebo, but I use the new Trillian beta for Android, and let me tell you, its just as awesome as the desktop version. Can't complain about a single thing.

Trillian for Android