Best iMessage App?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S7, S7 Edge & S7 Active' started by WolfR1, Mar 30, 2016.

1. WolfR1

WolfR1 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    My girlfriend and I are getting new phones. I'm already set on getting the S7 Edge and she is considering the S7. However, she is coming from an iPhone and has family that uses iMessage frequently. Is there a good app for this and what are you thoughts on it? I know this could probably have gone in General but I figured here I'd get Samsung specific info if there's a Samsung specific app.

2. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +8,455
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL
    Twitter:
    jonny_ks
    As far as I know, iMessage is only available on iOS devices. I'm not aware of an android app that is compatible with iMessage. Maybe someone else knows something that I don't though...

EDIT: I did find this, but no idea if it works like you'd like... SMS for Apple Messages (iChat) - Android Apps on Google Play

3. pc747

pc747 Administrator

Ratings:
    +6,237
    Chomp or the stock Samsung messaging app are the closest you are going to get to an imessaging like app.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

4. Jonny Kansas

Ratings:
    +8,455
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL
    Twitter:
    jonny_ks
    I don't think they're looking for something that looks/works like iMessage so much as something that will interface with iMessage so they can continue to send iMessage messages to their iPhone using friends and family...?

5. WolfR1

WolfR1 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah she wants to stay on group messages with her family. I keep seeing that many apps out there that MAY work route data through China and that is a no no.
    Also if it's in the Google Play store and has less than 4 stars I won't look at it. She's not a tech person so she won't want to deal with app issues. And personally I don't want her to try to run back to Apple two months after she's had the phone! :D

6. pc747

pc747 Administrator

Ratings:
    +6,237
    Just read the reviews, yeah that app only works if you have a Mac book from what I'm gathering.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Jonny Kansas

Ratings:
    +8,455
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL
    Twitter:
    jonny_ks
    Then my first post without the edit stands. iMessage is it's own separate thing...Apple only without a workaround.

• Like Like x 2
  8. LoneWolfArcher

LoneWolfArcher Silver Member

Ratings:
    +627
    Not sure why anyone would use a proprietary messaging solutions when there are so many cross-platform ones available. (And that isn't just my anti-apphole persona speaking.)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. WolfR1

WolfR1 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Because Apple is a bunch of elitist a-holes.
    I've read that Pushbullet will do this but can find nothing on their web site that indicates the cross platform support. Makes me think that if it was there it's gone not.

10. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,026
    Current Phone Model:
    Z Force 2
    Twitter:
    smalltownlife13
    I switch between an iPhone and the S7 Edge currently - as long as you deregister your phone number from your iMessage account and your family who are still using iPhones turn on "send as SMS" in iMessage settings, y'all should be able to participate in group messages...the only other thing that may need to be done is to have your family delete any saved messages (this may or may not be a big deal) and reboot their phones so that your phone number with the android devices show green and not blue when they reply...

On the S7 Edge, I use the stock SMS app and am able to group message with my daughter & son who both are currently using iPhones.

• Like Like x 5
  11. mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,348
    I wouldn't use the term elitist anymore or the other. I know plenty of elitist a hole Android aficionados as well as good folks that choose simplicity over widgets and aftermarket launchers. Pretty much the average user of either really hasn't much of a clue as to what's better about one or the other. It's when you turn to tablets that the differences really start to show up and Apple seems much more cumbersome to use though supposedly easier in the non app business environment.
    To label certain users is so last decade as ios becomes more like Android and Android becomes more like ios.

Support Our Troops!!!
    Beast Mode 4
    <><

12. LoneWolfArcher

LoneWolfArcher Silver Member

Ratings:
    +627
    While I understand what you are saying, I still say 90% of Apphole users are elitist. That includes my elderly mom and dad. "We got iPhones! The best!"

Search tags for this page

android app for ichat

imessage android

imessage for android

samsung s7 texting apps that work with imessage

what imessage is best for samsung

which imessage app is best for samsung galaxy