Best home screen?

Krish

Reaction score
Im using Open home right now it gives me problems with the beautiful Home widget where the time keeps changing when i switch screens then changes back when i switch back to that screen.. iv tried Home++ i really like it but does anyone know if it can get the original droid theme because i like the notification bar and everything like in the orignal OS but i really like how smooth Home++ is
To get the Notification bar you just hold the notification button for 2 seconds and it wall stay there but to open the apps menu you have to use the Power strip

thanks i just switch to Home++ I love it lol, hope more widgets come out for it.

OP
W

WiLL.I.aM 22

Reaction score
Okay thanks for the help, im going to try home++ for a little while then if i dont like that or just want to see the difference i'll switch to panda because i also like having multiple themes rather than a picture cutting off in the middle of my screen (like it does with the home++).

darreno1

Reaction score
Well I'm new to this as well. Tried Home++ and liked it except it slowed the opening/closing of apps a little. Animations were smooth though and I liked the idea of the base bar.

I'm trying Pandahome now and so far so good. Seem about as quick as stock.

MickeyG

Reaction score
I tried Open Home and aHome, but Panda Home wins hands down. Very stable and fast. Plus unlimited home screens and those cool little side docks that are just perfect for direct dial shortcuts.

bbcrackman

Reaction score
What would you guys say the best home screen version is? (i.e. GDE, panda home, open home, or default home, etc.)

That is difficult question. Each person has their own idea's as to what they want in a replacement home screen. I have used just about all of them and currently I am back on the stock Home Screen. I like GDE, Home++ and Open Home. I didnt care much for Panda. What it all boils down to is personal preference, try them all and use the one that works best for you.

mightybrick

Reaction score
Okay thanks for the help, im going to try home++ for a little while then if i dont like that or just want to see the difference i'll switch to panda because i also like having multiple themes rather than a picture cutting off in the middle of my screen (like it does with the home++).
Go into Home++ preferences and uncheck workspace looping and then your wallpaper won't cut off in the middle of the screen.

shademar

Reaction score
Another fan of home++. It sounds like the developer is working towards making the power bar customizable, and it's updating all the time. I really hope other devs pick up on the animated widgets.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm using Home++. Tried PandaHome and GDE... liked them both but Home++ does it for me. I like hiding the taskbar and having the dock on the bottom. It's been working toward being more customizable and it's def a nice feature.Up to 7 screens so you can fill it up.

GDE's cube effect is un-paralleled.... and it ran so smooth for me.

PandaHome ran the most stable when I had it...

jlnguyen

Reaction score
so far, i've only used the default, pandahome, and home++ beta. i'm loving the home++ beta! :]

Bucknell2013

Reaction score
I'm using Home++ and have found that to be the best, for now. GDE is also Very cool (with some very neat skins--Iphone and Hero to be exact). I'm loving the customizability of this phone!

mach330

Reaction score
gotta try home++ later. didn't like openhome. using panda right now which i kind'a like. but lagging sometimes.

Deuel

Reaction score
Using Home++ with 5 screens. No lags and only FC's once after reboot, then it's stable. Going to keep my eye on GDE though. Like the direction they're going.