change the icon for any app
long press an icon to locate the app on the market
custom folders...names and icons...very fast
built in task manager

ViciousCircle

Android Addict
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gonna have to say that Sweeter Home release 2 (it's a beta) is the best I've come across... it blows the others out of the water. It gives you almost complete customization and control of your home screens. Sure, the beta that I'm running has a few quirks, but the dev is now killing bugs on his bug list and it is an awesome home replacement. Check it out at SweeterHome - Start - sweeterhome.com

rsdroid

Reaction score
My choice has been Launcher+ beta, free in the market. It gives you more screens without anything else added on. It's been very, very stable for me and not laggy at all! One or two force closes in the few days after I installed it, but since then nothing!
Experiment though! I think some apps/widgets screw with certain home replacements and vice versa. Find the combination that works for you!

I personally tried the other free home replacements on the market and didn't like any of them. Haven't tried the paid ones yet, but I may have to take a long look at Sweeter Home 2 once it's out of beta! That looks tight!:)

SGTiger

Reaction score
GDE never lags for me and never force closes. I really like the cube transition from one screen to the other. It also has a nice app widget.

mjs31

Reaction score
GDE never lags for me and never force closes. I really like the cube transition from one screen to the other. It also has a nice app widget.

The cube is a must. I love that I can do a quick swipe and it will sping through all 7 pages so I can just touch to stop on the one I want. Going back to the regular style is kind of annoying having to flick each page.

Besides...everyone that sees the cube spin around just loves it.

daddyd302

Reaction score
My vote is for the GDE. I love the docks, and I have the phone on the left, menu in the middle and settings on the right. It does lag from time to time, but not as bad as a month ago. It still FC but again not as bad as a month ago. I use mainly the cube and have 6 pages so far.

I've been reading up on Sweeter home but it's still in beta and I'm not gonna try it til it's more stable. It looks very promising so far.

rathat

Reaction score
I use Home++ but it crashes about 5 times a day. Can't wait for them to fix it.