best home app???

iDroiid

Reaction score
ok i was wondering what home app should i buy like list the pros and cons or something plz? ive been looking at GDE dx top and other ones but i cant decide thanks :) :greendroid:

carbine

Reaction score
ok i was wondering what home app should i buy like list the pros and cons or something plz? ive been looking at GDE dx top and other ones but i cant decide thanks :) :greendroid:

I've personally used Home++ and the 2.1 launcher. Ended up going back to stock because of crashes and speed issues. That's just me though.

DROIDMASTER

Reaction score
If you don't want to spend money use panda home. It works well most of the time its better than only 3 home screens. I'm using panda home and i'm gonna wait and see if 2.1 gives us more than 3 home screens.

OMEGA5

Reaction score
I've used GDE with great success since about 2 weeks after I got my Droid(I got mine at launch). I'm happy with it and haven't run into a lot of the problems others have run into. It runs fast and smooth and I've only had 2-3 force closes since I installed it. But I also have never used any of the other home replacements so I can't really compare it to the others, I just know it has worked very well for me.

edit: and I traced those force closes to apps such as More Icons.

OP
iDroiid

iDroiid

Reaction score
well after reading these im leaning toward GDE but im still unsure haha

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've used Home++, SweeterHome and the 2.1 Launcher... They all have their ups and down. While they all offer additional 'perks' from the Stock they are also FAR more unstable... Unless you particularly NEED the extras IMHO you're better off sticking with stock at least until after the 2.1 update (which will give you the benefits of Launcher 2.1).

The biggest problem with these home replacements is there are inconsistencies that cannot be traced to specific devices or programs... so one that will work for you will not work for someone else. Stick it out for the next week and see if one is even needed after 2.1.

windstrings

Reaction score
GDE is not the same animal it was even one month ago.. I have 6 pages running and run mine in cube and its smooth as a cats meeooow!

FireDroid

Reaction score
GDE with Hero theme, I can count on my hand the force closes. It can be laggy with alot of things running, but I have had a few updates and it is pretty fast and lag free now.

joshclovis

Reaction score
I have pandahome and GDE. I like GDE better and haven't really had any problems with it. I love the cube effect that is available with GDE. Of course you do have to pay for GDE. Hope this helps.

KarenElissa

Reaction score
I have Panda and really like it. I haven't had any problems with lagging or force closes or anything like that. I really like the pull out dock bars and all of the personalization options.

mjs31

Reaction score
Yeah...GDE is lag free. I can spin 7 screens in the cube and it just flows.