Best Guitar Apps...

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
My boss just got that Fender edition droid from Tmobile... The guitar app on that is pretty fun, it also has drums.. Can we get that one (is that what solo is?)

Riley

Reaction score
Nice to see some fellow guitar player Droid users! I have the full version of Solo on mine, plus a decent guitar tuner which I forget the name of at the moment. I am hoping that Petersons puts out their strobe tuner to the Andriod platform at some point.

PridgNYC

Reaction score
Don't forget iReal Book for Android. This would be more useful for me as a Sax player if it also included the melodies, but you guitar players only need the chord progressions.

OP
B

billyk

Reaction score
I bought the full-up version of Solo - it's fun to goof around with.

I noticed that Solo Lite is still installed. Does anyone know if it's OK to chuck the Lite version? Do they share libraries that might be deleted if I chuck Lite??

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Do any of the paid versions of these help to teach you in anyway? I know they show the finger placements of the chords, which is cool but I'd really like it if an app like g-tar would play a sample of the song for you. For example, it will put the chords out there for you and then you can either strum all strings or pick single ones. However, being tone dead like I am I don't know when to move from one chord to the other. If it walked through it then I could follow along and learn the song that way. I'm not good at "playing by ear". But I can play Simon and hit the colored buttons in the right sequence:)

CBLJazz

Reaction score
i went to school for music so although i'm a guitarist i needed something non tab based.

gstrings is great but i also go musical lite for the metronome.

Slighter

Reaction score
Do any of the paid versions of these help to teach you in anyway? I know they show the finger placements of the chords, which is cool but I'd really like it if an app like g-tar would play a sample of the song for you. For example, it will put the chords out there for you and then you can either strum all strings or pick single ones. However, being tone dead like I am I don't know when to move from one chord to the other. If it walked through it then I could follow along and learn the song that way. I'm not good at "playing by ear". But I can play Simon and hit the colored buttons in the right sequence:)
A while ago I bought a full guitar course for my kids - Jamorama. What used to be an actual downloaded and installed PC app is now a zip to PDF product. They live with their mother so this was easier and cheaper than in person lessons. So for chits and giggles I downloaded the beginner lessons that also include mp3 jam tracks and videos. The lessons look just as good as on the PC and the jam tracks open in the music player. I have yet to get the vids to work. There are additional included features that I have yet to attempt to use on the phone, tuner, metronome, ear training and some games etc.... It sells for 50 bucks (I remember paying less) but for someone looking to learn or brush up on even more than just the basics it's a pretty nice option to have it (texts and mp3s at least) with you all the time. My 2¢
Learn How to Play Guitar with Jamorama™ | Free Guitar Lessons

OP
B

billyk

Reaction score
Any other ideas for the best/most stable metronome app?