Best golf gps app?

the3dolla

Reaction score
I suggest getting a MotoActv, you can record every shot and then look at it on Google Maps. Otherwise, the best phone app is Golfcard GPS. I especially like their traced views. Skydroid is OK as well, but really no where near Golfcard GPS

OP
nitrate28

nitrate28

Reaction score
Thanks! Have Motoatv on the Droid 4, but I assume you mean purchasing a device. I have a Skycaddie, but I didn't renew the subscription this year due to financial concerns. I will try the 2 apps you suggested.

Kobesan

Reaction score
Try Swing by Swing

I misplaced my SkyCaddie and have been using SBS all season. It has a free version but I liked it enough to buy the subscrip. It was like $14 but I think worth it. I check my drive distances. Record score. It uses a google map type view so you can see all the hazards. Has front, middle back of green distances. I get thru 18 holes and it uses about 50% on my Bionic.

OP
nitrate28

nitrate28

Reaction score
Used the golf card app last week and it worked fairly well. Often had to back out of the app and come back in to get it working again, but the distances were accurate. Perfectly fine for a free app!

Xander Crews

Reaction score

navigator

Reaction score
I like SkyDroid. It's smple and had large number, easy to read in the sun. It give me distance to the front, back and center of the green. With all of them there is some discrepancies in accuracy, but that is the same issue with my golf game. I'm just happy to get the ball on the green much less place it.

BigZig

Reaction score
i Like Swing by Swing as well but it does not work on ICS. i have gone back to Sky Droid it works well and if you take the time you can map your own course's to get yardage for abnormal objects like where the fairway narrows ect.