Best FREE MOV to 3GPP

kwiksilvr

Reaction score
I would like to convert all my videos and whatnot to the best format that is nativly supported by my XOOM..

I have an aftermarket video player on there, but I would like to make my MOV files play natively...

if not 3gpp then what format, and also what program should I use to convert them?

I take alot of videos with my X2 and it plays those fine, but I would like to take all my old family movies and convert them to be played nativly as well..

Thanks..

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Define "best". What your criteria and concerns? If one format/codec was best then everyone would use it.

Have you confirmed which formats and codecs are supported by your device? Have you looked at any existing threads discussing video conversion?

brorm2tsmac

Reaction score
Play MOV Videos on Motorola Xoom

Although my post is a bit late, I hope it could be useful to you.

At first, we must make clear what video files Motorola Xoom supports and the video resolution.
From Phonearena, we could learn that Motorola Xoom supports videos as below:
  • Music Player:
      • Yes
    • Supports:
      • MP3, AAC, AAC+, AMR
  • Video Playback:
      • Yes
    • Supports:
      • MPEG4, H.263, H.264
And it supports
1280 x 800 pixels resolution.

So if we would like to view AVI, MOV, MKV, MOD, MTS, WMV, FLV, F4V videos on Motorola Xoom, we need to convert the videos to H.264 MP4 with AAC or MP3 audio codec at first, and then transfer the converted videos from PC/Mac to Xoom via USB cable.

brorm2tsmac

Reaction score
Play MOV videos on Motorola Xoom.

In fact, what I am using is this video converter: Brorsoft Video Converter. It's able to convert various videos including AVI, MKV, MOV, MOD, MTS, FLV, F4V, etc. to H.264 MP4 with different video resolution so as to view the converted videos on Droid X/2, Droid X2, Motorola Xoom, Samsung Galaxy SII, Samsung Epic 4G, HTC EVO 4G and so on.

I have been using it for nearly one year. I use it to convert my recorded canon MOD videos to H.264 MP4 with 480 x 854 resolution.

The best important factor approprieate me to choose it is as it's easy-to-use. Besides, their after-sale service is wonderful too. After purchasing the product, I tried to convert one MOD Video to MP4 compatible with my Droid X in full screen, but failed. And then I sent an e-mail to their support team and they told me that I should set the video size to 480*854 in the profile settings window before converting. Followed their suggestion, now I can enjoy any kind of videos such as AVI, MKV, FLV, MOD, MTS on my Motorola Droid X phone in full screen when travelling.

So I think when choosing software for personal use, we should consider not only its quality, functions, price, but also its after-sale service.

If you would like to watch AVI, MKV, FLV, MOD, MTS, MOV videos on Motorola Xoom in full screen, I suggest you choose
the Android > Motorola Droid (X) H.264 Video (*.mp4) as output format, and then adjust the video size to "
1280 x 800
" in the profile settings window.

Bethshaya

Reaction score
For videos conversion, i recommend you foxreal video converter, it supports a wide range of video formats, moreover, it supplys many presets for different devices, but it's shareware, you'd better try the trial version before your purchase it

nikecar

Reaction score
I use WinX HD Video Converter. There are usually deals via GiveAwayoftheday about 2-3 times a year for their WinX DVD Platinum Ripper software, and this usually gets included also.

I routinely use this program to backup and convert movies to my phones/ipod. Be on the lookout for the free offers. I know Cnet usually announces when they are on, or do the GAOTD site.