Best Facebook App?

Djeazie

Reaction score
Facebook on my iPhone was muccccccchhhhhhh better. Cant believe it hasnt been updated yet!

ginormus

Reaction score
I prefer the native app. If I want to read more detailed status updates, etc then I just go to the "full" version via my browser.

alanbk

Reaction score
I prefer the native app. If I want to read more detailed status updates, etc then I just go to the "full" version via my browser.

If you've never tried the FB app on an Touch/Iphone you have no idea on how much functionality you can get out of a mobile FB app.

I'm NOT an apple lover, in fact those type that think the mac/iphone is the cure for all know problems to man really bother me. At this point in time developers should use the Touch/Iphone version as the baseline to match when developing. I'd be willing to spend $$$ on a decent FB app on the Driod.

myDownfall

Reaction score
At this point in time developers should use the Touch/Iphone version as the baseline to match when developing. I'd be willing to spend $$$ on a decent FB app on the Driod.
Agreed. At first, I didn't really mind the stock FB app, but once I got a hold of my girlfriends iPhone, I was amazed by how much more there was to it. I mean, it was almost like being on my web browser. Typically, I use touch.facebook.com , if I want more than what the stock FB app gives.

dmo580

Reaction score
the stock facebook app seems fine to me. what sucks?

If anyone has used the iPhone app, it seems even version 1.0 that came out when the Apple App store debuted is better. I recall there was an inbox there. There's still no inbox on the Android one. :icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil:

But quite honestly this is a developer's problem. It seems the iPhone market is better for them. IM+ and FB are a few examples. They are totally light years ahead on the iPhone. Even Home Run Battle 3D. I mean we talk about it as being the greatest game on this platform, yet the iPhone one still blows us away. Hell, it runs smooth as hell on my iPod Touch 1G yet it slows down from time to time on my Droid. On my gf's IPT2g it's even better. I can't even imagine how a 3GS would handle this. But here's the thing..... Home Run Battle 3D isn't even a top iPhone app... There's many "better developed" games. Yet it's probably the best we have on Android... and it still falls behind the iPhone version. I demand equality damnit!

Last edited:

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Stock Facebook app + Bloo for notifications = as good as it can get RIGHT NOW..... I do not use Bloo for anything other than notifications, why the stock app can't let you know some one commented on your page is beyond me.....

-=Jason=-

jrl9851

Reaction score
I highly recommend "facebook touch". It's basically m.facebook.com, but integrates the browser into the app. I prefer it over the app that comes with the phone.

Cyberdemon

Reaction score
the stock facebook app seems fine to me. what sucks?

If anyone has used the iPhone app, it seems even version 1.0 that came out when the Apple App store debuted is better. I recall there was an inbox there. There's still no inbox on the Android one. :icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil:

But quite honestly this is a developer's problem. It seems the iPhone market is better for them. IM+ and FB are a few examples. They are totally light years ahead on the iPhone. Even Home Run Battle 3D. I mean we talk about it as being the greatest game on this platform, yet the iPhone one still blows us away. Hell, it runs smooth as hell on my iPod Touch 1G yet it slows down from time to time on my Droid. On my gf's IPT2g it's even better. I can't even imagine how a 3GS would handle this. But here's the thing..... Home Run Battle 3D isn't even a top iPhone app... There's many "better developed" games. Yet it's probably the best we have on Android... and it still falls behind the iPhone version. I demand equality damnit!

Yeah agreed......BUT. You have to remember that iphone has been out for a loonnnnnngggggg time. Our Droids are still very new. There will be newer stuff coming out for us all the time.

Does the iphone support flash? We all know our phones are going to be able to support flash websites in a few months. Adobe is beta testing it now and claim to have it to us soon so our phones would be the first phone to completely support FULL web browsing. (correct me if I'm wrong?)

Cyberdemon

Reaction score
as far as a facebook app..... I agree, they all do stink atm. For the best facebook experience on our phones just go to the browser and go to the bottom of the facebook page and click full site. :p

lschicky

Reaction score
Bloo seems to cover all my needs for facebook. Though I don't use the chat function on facebook in general.

delaen

Reaction score
touch.facebook.com seems like it pulls up a random list of friend's updates. There's no rhyme or reason to it and they're definitely not ordered based on time posted like the android app.

I wish they'd hurry up and add full messaging/notifications to the android app.

myDownfall

Reaction score
touch.facebook.com seems like it pulls up a random list of friend's updates. There's no rhyme or reason to it and they're definitely not ordered based on time posted like the android app.
the same thing happens on the full site. as of a few weeks ago, i've been having to hit refresh(5+ times) and then home a few just to get my page to load properly. this also includes Chat not being able to be clicked. i'd attribute this problem to facebook and not the app.

Anj

Reaction score
I use Bloo, better than the native app I suppose... it gets what I need done.