BEST EVER Survey

drewshaver

Reaction score
home - menu - settings - applications - manage applications - menu - filter - running

will show you everything everything running (outside of running services).

Yep -- but that's 9 button-presses vs. 1 button-press with a task killer. (Well, 2 button presses -- one to open the folder in which I've stored ATK, and one to open ATK itself.)

So, unless there's a way to create a shortcut to the 'running' thing in the menu-tree, I'm sticking with ATK. :)
you can make a shortcut to settings and then manage applications. the only thing you'd have to do after that is change the filter.

same thing wtih running services.

Also, once you've changed the filter once, it remembers, (until you restart ;/)

bacalao

Reaction score
screebl is great for browsing/reading stuff online, reading long email, staring at your homescreen for hours.... haha
It saves battery if you set the display to timeout after 15 sec (lowest setting) and so if the phone is out of range and not in use, off in 15 sec. but when you are using it, never have to worry about the time out getting in the way. I just hit the power button soon as I'm done.

Oh yea, Handcent is probably the first app I'd tell someone to get. So they can text everybody they know and tell them they have a droid in style.

OP
M

mfdemby

Reaction score
What's the ONE best thing you've done to your Droid that you tell all your friends?
ie: I tell everyone to Download the TaskKiller app to keep the phone running smoothly.

I'm glad the number one thing you are doing is spreading the misconception that a task killer is helpful :icon_rolleyes:
Well it's helpful for me... and thankfully to the friendly people on this forum, I'm realizing that it's not as necessary as I previously thought. Yet... I will continue to use it.

But honestly, there was no need for your comment. :icon_ devil:

DROIDMASTER

Reaction score
What's the ONE best thing you've done to your Droid that you tell all your friends?
ie: I tell everyone to Download the TaskKiller app to keep the phone running smoothly.

TaskKiller apps are not required to keep the Droid running Smoothly.
It's not a BB or WinMo OS... Do a search, they are loads of users that had to uninstall their Taskiller due to it jacking up the phone.

Theres also people that install it to keep the phone run smoothly when its not.
Case closed

dogwolf

Reaction score
dolphin browser (the next time some schnook quotes one of the bazillion reviews that complain android phones don't multitouch, just whip out dolphin...any questions?)

...and put a google voice search widget icon in the optimal place for your thumb/finger.

p.s. multitouch aside, dolphin's one finger press and hold zoom function is pretty slick if ya use it

jasonb

Reaction score
internet radio in your car... best thing ever!

drewshaver

Reaction score
dolphin browser (the next time some schnook quotes one of the bazillion reviews that complain android phones don't multitouch, just whip out dolphin...any questions?)

...and put a google voice search widget icon in the optimal place for your thumb/finger.

p.s. multitouch aside, dolphin's one finger press and hold zoom function is pretty slick if ya use it

agreed, the hold to zoom is awesome! at first it wasn't working, but the second time i tried it worked like a charm..

kaboyd

Reaction score
No joke...droidforums.net
I am technologically challenged an would probably be lost and frustrated without the help I get here.
After that, Dolphin. Swype. Goole app's