BEST EVER Survey

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mfdemby, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Laurence5905

Laurence5905 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree - my battery life didn't change with or without ATK.

2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Lets say you get side tracked for a couple of seconds and your typing something on your phone. The screen goes dark and you have to push the button and swipe to bring you back. Screebl keeps the screen from timing out on you.

You can also set it up for different type of positions, basically customize it if you desire. There is an excellent video to watch when you download the app that probably explains it better then I do. It's also suppose to save battery life, though I'm not exactly sure how that comes into play.

3. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +0
    Downside to the stock 'kill' method.

4. New2u

New2u Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +83
    Well when you have problems with an app that is bugged, or forget an app is running in the background, and it zaps your battery, you'll notice. It doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen, and i'd rather have it and not need it, then need it and not have it. Not saying it's a MUST on the top of my list though.

Yes running apps through the apps > settings is one way to do it. Just alil more annoying, and for those that are savvy with it, it's just easier.

5. 640k

640k Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    you can make a shortcut to settings and then manage applications. the only thing you'd have to do after that is change the filter.

same thing wtih running services.

6. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +0
    Had it happen once... myLock and Handcent SMS (the Pop-Up) both deactivate the lock screen, and they wound up in a loop.... lost a ton of battery life in a short time... checked my usage and saw that the OS had taken 70 something percent of my battery.... worked out the problem with the developer of myLock.
    This was the only time I've seen anything like this.

Unless it's GPS, wi-fi or something constantly searching, what zaps battery in the background? My sync doesn't... my widgets don't...news doesn't, weather doesn't.... e-mail doesn't.... etc. It would have to be a bad app, in which case I'd uninstall it.

BUT... I completely agree with your philosophy of better safe than sorry.

7. drewshaver

drewshaver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Also, once you've changed the filter once, it remembers, (until you restart ;/)

8. bacalao

bacalao Member

Ratings:
    +0
    screebl is great for browsing/reading stuff online, reading long email, staring at your homescreen for hours.... haha
    It saves battery if you set the display to timeout after 15 sec (lowest setting) and so if the phone is out of range and not in use, off in 15 sec. but when you are using it, never have to worry about the time out getting in the way. I just hit the power button soon as I'm done.

Oh yea, Handcent is probably the first app I'd tell someone to get. So they can text everybody they know and tell them they have a droid in style.

9. mfdemby

mfdemby New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well it's helpful for me... and thankfully to the friendly people on this forum, I'm realizing that it's not as necessary as I previously thought. Yet... I will continue to use it.

But honestly, there was no need for your comment. :icon_ devil:

10. DROIDMASTER

DROIDMASTER Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Theres also people that install it to keep the phone run smoothly when its not.
    Case closed

11. dogwolf

dogwolf New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    dolphin browser (the next time some schnook quotes one of the bazillion reviews that complain android phones don't multitouch, just whip out dolphin...any questions?)

...and put a google voice search widget icon in the optimal place for your thumb/finger.

p.s. multitouch aside, dolphin's one finger press and hold zoom function is pretty slick if ya use it

12. jasonb

jasonb Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    internet radio in your car... best thing ever!