Best Eris Rom?

fingaz

Reaction score
So ive tried a bunch of 2.2 roms and it seems that each have great aspects of each, however, none are 100% perfect. It seems that some don't allow me to sign in to google, then some are much much faster than others and then others have problems with the camera.

So i was wondering which rom is the best one out there? What rom are you using and do you like it? Whats good about it/bad?

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
I am running the kaosfroyo version 39 ROM and have not noticed anything bad about it at all. I saw a thread on here where someone said their trackball doesn't light up when they get a text, this is not a problem for me though. Mine works just fine and this ROM is by far the best I've seen so far.

Sent from my FroyoEris using DroidForums App

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
You can get it from xda by the way.

Threeball

Reaction score
I really think they've got performance maxed out. If ur having trouble w the camera, make sure focus is set to touch. I've started playing w other roms just for the built-in themes.

Really looking forward to functional gb from kaos. Potential for performance boost there cuz its a faster os and it seems to allow even greater overclocking.

Sent from my nonsensikal froyo using DroidForums App

Tepes

Reaction score
I am running the kaosfroyo version 39 ROM and have not noticed anything bad about it at all. I saw a thread on here where someone said their trackball doesn't light up when they get a text, this is not a problem for me though. Mine works just fine and this ROM is by far the best I've seen so far.

Rooted a friends Eris and they are having the trackball error. Do you recall where you saw that post and if they found a fix. Also, do you use the stock messaging, or another app (handcent or the like).

danrodz

Reaction score
So ive tried a bunch of 2.2 roms and it seems that each have great aspects of each, however, none are 100% perfect. It seems that some don't allow me to sign in to google, then some are much much faster than others and then others have problems with the camera.

So i was wondering which rom is the best one out there? What rom are you using and do you like it? Whats good about it/bad?

I'm a huge fan of gingershedbread which I use on my Eris at home and on a couple I've sold to friends. Smooth, stable and genuine gingerbread, its hard to find something to complain about. I would recommend it without reservation.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

hondabomdc5

Reaction score

hi, im new to the eris, where can i get that ROM?

Threeball

Reaction score
All roms r available over at xda.

Sent from my nonsensikal froyo using DroidForums App

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score

I'm a huge fan of gingershedbread which I use on my Eris at home and on a couple I've sold to friends. Smooth, stable and genuine gingerbread, its hard to find something to complain about. I would recommend it without reservation.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

This. v1.9 is great!

ejpoeta

Reaction score
I myself put froyo 39 on it and it was running fast but has slowed down. i had to take some things off it. and i can't get a camera that works decent on it. the regular camera freezes as others have suggested and I have to hit the home button. I have tried out some other camera apps without much success. It's annoying because I was hoping for a decent camera!!

Threeball

Reaction score
In the camera settings for focus, select 'touch'. That should fix the issue.

Sent from my nonsensikal froyo using DroidForums

2dxtreme

Reaction score
I myself put froyo 39 on it and it was running fast but has slowed down. i had to take some things off it. and i can't get a camera that works decent on it. the regular camera freezes as others have suggested and I have to hit the home button. I have tried out some other camera apps without much success. It's annoying because I was hoping for a decent camera!!

i second this i've had the same on my eris for about a month now and its seemed to have gotten slower. i did fix the camera to touch not auto and camera works great

snowBlind

Reaction score
Glad I found this place! My wife's Eris is running the 2.1 update she got OTA, and she has nothing but complaints(mainly the camera is slow, and the 'shutter' seems to stay open too long making most photos blurred). She just didn't want me to root it for fear of something going wrong. She's eligible for an upgrade soon, though, and I think I'll take her Eris once she upgrades. (I've got an extremely buggy enV Touch).

I'll definitely be looking into the xtrSense and xtrRom's when I get it.