best emulator for droid.

Tomoid

Reaction score
I found the Frodo C64 in the market to download but where do you come up with all the old C64 games to use with it?
Thanks.. Tom

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I also am very interested in an Atari 2600 .. yea another old one here

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score
Gameboid, the GBA emulator is so awesome. Legend of Zelda Minish Cap ran flawlessly all the way through. Looks great too

Jeff5886

Reaction score
Gameboid, the GBA emulator is so awesome. Legend of Zelda Minish Cap ran flawlessly all the way through. Looks great too

Where do you put the bios? I cant get the app to load my bios it shows nothing in the folder i point it too?

Moondonkey

Reaction score
Do any of the emulators have on screen buttons?!!!

I have looked at the market many many times, and only find ones with the D pad, start and select.

If the NES ones just added A and B, it would be great!

I love that the droid has a physical keyboard... but its not good for playing games.

Sigmund Droid

Reaction score
Do any of the emulators have on screen buttons?!!!

I have looked at the market many many times, and only find ones with the D pad, start and select.

If the NES ones just added A and B, it would be great!

I love that the droid has a physical keyboard... but its not good for playing games.

For NESoid, use the options to turn the screen upside down. Then the directional pad will be on your left, like a classic NES controller. Simply assign two other buttons (I use F and D) as "B" and "A". Assign any two buttons as "start" and "select" also. So far this is the best configuration I have found.

Additionally, if the buttons are just too frustrating, find ROMS for Duck Hunt or Mechanized Attack and utilize the light gun feature.

Moondonkey

Reaction score
For NESoid, use the options to turn the screen upside down. Then the directional pad will be on your left, like a classic NES controller. Simply assign two other buttons (I use F and D) as "B" and "A". Assign any two buttons as "start" and "select" also. So far this is the best configuration I have found.

Additionally, if the buttons are just too frustrating, find ROMS for Duck Hunt or Mechanized Attack and utilize the light gun feature.[/QUOTE]

I tried he upside down thing... It's ok I suppose.

I just wish they would have on screen buttons. The game Baseball Superstars has on screen buttons and they work fine.

Thanks for the tips though..

Will keep hoping and emulator with on screen buttons will turn up

droid d'oh

Reaction score
I've had no problems with Snesoid, Gameboid, Nesoid, Gensoid. Snesoid is my current favorite with no sound/emulator issues

Silver Member
Reaction score
I tried he upside down thing... It's ok I suppose.

I just wish they would have on screen buttons. The game Baseball Superstars has on screen buttons and they work fine.

Thanks for the tips though..

Will keep hoping and emulator with on screen buttons will turn up

why is the keyboard so hard to use? it's better than any other phone device with emulation i've ever used. if you don't like the poistion of the d-pad, change your d-pad to qwe,asd,zxc. at least then you'll get diaganol controls too.

i've purchased each one of the emulators and they're all fantastic. some of the quicker games are a little more challenging, but it's not really any different than if you played on a normal keyboard.

i'd love to see someone modify a classic NES controller that fits OVER the keyboard and simply presses the buttons, through a button press. :D

toddj

Reaction score
I have a question about gameboid or any of the similiar emulators. i see people talking about the lite versions but are there any differences between the paid and lite versions.i would assume the lite version would be really limited or even just a demo. am I wrong?

The lite version of gameboid strips the save/load states. That isn't to say that it gets rid of saving, but it takes away the extra save file. I tested out some pokemon (don't judge me :)) and saving seems to be working perfectly. Just load up your rom and your save game will be in there like a normal gameboy, rather than being able to just skip the loading screens and everything as with a save state.

If you feel you must have the load and save states, then you can pay the $4 to have it added. I didn't think it was worth it, as the default saves are sufficient to me.

Where do you put the bios? I cant get the app to load my bios it shows nothing in the folder i point it too?
I created a folder called Games in the root dir of my SD card and put my rom files and the gba_bios.bin file I got from a quick google search in there. When the gameboid app launches, it asks for the file. I browsed to the /Games folder containing the file I had downloaded and I clicked it. Worked, and it only asks for it the first time (but i'm not sure if you can delete the file after that).

Last edited:
D

dman91

I'm using Gameboid Lite to play Pokemon and it's awesome (in-game saves FTW!). The physical keyboard works great for the controls and the processor makes the game run about as smooth as a GBA. I love this phone!:)

Update: I've actually uninstalled Gameboid Lite and purchased GBCoid and have Pokemon Crystal on it. Much better!

Last edited by a moderator:

droid d'oh

Reaction score
Nothing beats combating pokemon on the bus, in chem class, or just for the hell of it. These emulators rock!

toddj

Reaction score
I'm using Gameboid Lite to play Pokemon and it's awesome (in-game saves FTW!). The physical keyboard works great for the controls and the processor makes the game run about as smooth as a GBA. I love this phone!:)

Nothing beats combating pokemon on the bus, in chem class, or just for the hell of it. These emulators rock!

I didn't realize just how many pokemon fans there were ;P
As much as I love the gba emu, i look forward to being able to play psx games on here way more.

Andrwmorph

Reaction score
i'm using gameboid lite to play pokemon and it's awesome (in-game saves ftw!). The physical keyboard works great for the controls and the processor makes the game run about as smooth as a gba. I love this phone!:)

nothing beats combating pokemon on the bus, in chem class, or just for the hell of it. These emulators rock!

i didn't realize just how many pokemon fans there were ;p
as much as i love the gba emu, i look forward to being able to play psx games on here way more.

i wanna be... The very best
like no one ever waaaas!