best emulator for droid.

kinderadam

Reaction score
I have the motorola droid and was looking for the best emulator for it (no freezing/ slowness/ etc.). Also, where should I go to download roms to my droid from my droid. Also, could someone also explain how to access the roms or w/e I need to know.... thx

maxohkc

Reaction score
i would say gamboid the GBA emulator is my favorite but i have heard it has some freezing problems and when u download the emulator it will allow give you a link or u can mount ur sd card and just drag and drop real simple

Million

Reaction score
Well what are you looking to emulate??

Snesoid, Gameboid, Nesoid, Gensoid,

(What they emulate should be obvious)

There are a couple others like Gameboy Color, Gamegear and Atari but those are the most popular.

ForensicDroid

Reaction score
I downloaded Nesoid Lite, but I can't figure out how to download the ROMs. I go to the web on the phone, but can't seem to get it to download onto my SD card. Am I supposed to go to the internet on my computer, download it there and then send it to my Droid's SD card? Then load from there?

Magdroid

Reaction score
I downloaded Nesoid Lite, but I can't figure out how to download the ROMs. I go to the web on the phone, but can't seem to get it to download onto my SD card. Am I supposed to go to the internet on my computer, download it there and then send it to my Droid's SD card? Then load from there?

Yep. Now you got it! Don't forget to mount your Droid!

Zeroid

Reaction score
The only problem with Gensoid is the in-game sound causes lag on the frame rate, so either reduce the volume to extremely low levels, or turn it off completely to improve any frame rate issues. I downloaded like 10 ROMs and it successfully opened about 8 or 9 of them. :/

I have not tried the other emulators but I have a feeling they will be similar....

With so much open-source development you would figure more than 1 developer would work on these emulators to improve their functionality. There really should be -no- lag :mad:

Silver Member
Reaction score
all of yongzh's emulators are the best in the martket but we can't tell you where to get ROMs, other than google it.

Andrwmorph

Reaction score
There is a pretty awesome CPS2 emulator if you are into some of the older Capcom arcade fighting games (Marvel vs. Capcom, Street Fighter Alpha, etc). Its 5 dorrah

TimChgo9

Reaction score
I have the FrodoC64 emulator, NESoid, and Gensoid. The Genesis emulator works great, I haven't noticed any lag issues with it. The NES emulator is fun too, I only have about 6 roms for both emulators, as I haven't downloaded anything for the C64 emu yet.

I am looking for an Atari 2600 emulator (yeah, I am showing my age too) but so far I haven't found one.

bitfix

Reaction score
I have a question about gameboid or any of the similiar emulators. i see people talking about the lite versions but are there any differences between the paid and lite versions.i would assume the lite version would be really limited or even just a demo. am I wrong?

rathat

Reaction score
I wish we could have an N64 emulator, the problem is, even though the droids processor is many times that of n64, it is not able to smoothly run an emulation of the system, you would need special hardware and it would run like the real thing, droid even has more power than the PSP but could never run an emulator of a PSP. If it was built for it though it oculd handle PSP games.

rathat

Reaction score
I also just put 760 snes games on my phone lol.